How to Clean an Air Filter on a KTM Motorcycle
Cleaning the air filter on your KTM motorcycle can be one of the easiest and most effective ways to increase its power output. When air filters become clogged and dirty, they hamper the inflow of oxygen, thus slow combustion. Cleaning air filters is a very easy process, and though it is quite messy, it can be a bit of fun as well.
1. Remove the seat mounting bolts on both sides of the motorcycle. Then remove the seat by sliding it back and pulling it up.
2. Pull the top off the air filter box and unscrew the air filter mounting wing nut. Set the wing nut in a safe place
3. Pull the air filter out of the motorcycle and pull the foam filter away from the plastic assembly.
4. Dip the air filter in the bucket of hot, soapy water. Squeeze and wash the filter out thoroughly.
5. Rinse the filter using a garden hose and let the filter dry for 20 to 30 minutes before continuing.
6. Spread a good amount of air filter oil over the filter, squeezing and twisting the filter to spread the oil around as evenly as possible.
7. Place the plastic assembly back inside the foam filter. Then place the filter back into the motorcycle and replace the mounting nut.
8. Place the seat back on the motorcycle and secure it with the its two side bolts.
Thanks and Regards,