Sv650 Fairing Costs - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 06:15 PM Thread Starter

Sv650 Fairing Costs

Whats up with the price difference in lower fairings for the Sv? Ron Ayers has it for like 400 and so does Eurobikes. SharkSkinz has it for almost 600 and its in 2 peaces. To me this makes sense since the suzuki one is about the same. I went to one of the recommend links at Svrider ,2wheelJunkies.com. They are selling it for 700. Now I don't really care about color matching cause I am gonna paint the whole bike after a season or two. You know after I get through my newb phase. Common sense says go with the cheaper but you also get what you pay for. Does it come down to which site is more reliable or is the price dif a quality issue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013, 12:12 AM

Hello Friends,

Ebay and SVR are your friends. My bike tipped over recently and had similar damage as you - fairing, shifter, clutch handle, turn signal, mirror. I bought a used shifter for $25 and a mirror for $18, both from SVR. I'm leaving my clutch handle as-is for now. There are a few shifters on Ebay as well; just make sure you get one for an SV that is '04 or newer. I'm going aftermarket for my turnsignals and bought 4 new LED's from a local shop. You can also find the OEM turn signals on SVR or Ebay cheap but I wanted to get the clunky ones off my bike.

Thanks and Regards,
Umang Kumar

gaadi.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode