04 SV650--Exhaust and Power commander - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-08-2004, 06:51 AM Thread Starter
jrm

04 SV650--Exhaust and Power commander

Anyone switch these items on their bike yet? I know the best test would be on a dyno, but wonder how it worked for any of you?

Did the PC create a noticeably better running bike?

Did you do a before and after on a dyno?

What's your overall impression?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-08-2004, 02:26 PM Thread Starter
jrm

FWIW--I found out today that the newer SV have a programable computer on them from the factory. For what I am doing with the bike, there is no need for a PC.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2005, 05:54 PM

I have an 03 sv650 with a Holeshot slip on and a BMC air fliter. The pipe does give a noticeable increase in power, as well as eliminating the stock lawnmower sound. I have not put on a PC, as the EFI has not given me any real reason to. The bike runs about 8-10 degrees hotter, but nothing close to overheating. Every once and a while when I whack the throttle at 6 grand or so, the engine will sputter because of fuel error, but it's a rare occurance. yes, a PC would fix this problem, but the bike runs so well without it I'm debating wheather or not its worth the 300 some bucks to do it. Bottom line, most slip-ons will run fine with stock EFI mapping, but a PC would make it perfect. Oh, and if you really want to give your SV some balls, throw on a 520 chain conversion and buy a bigger rear sprocket. I'm running a 15 in the front and a 50 in the rear on a 520 chian, and the sucker takes off like a bat out of hell, on one wheel.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2005, 05:56 PM

Oh I forgot, with all of my Mods, my bike pulls 70 hp rear wheel. I think stock is like 58 or something.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 01:09 PM

a stock 03 sv 650 pulls 70-73 hp i had an m4 slip on on mine and i removed the snorkel my bike ran fine it didn't run hot and the stock air filter actualy work better from what I've herd. You don't need a pc unless you get a full system. Then you realy should geta pc or it will be to lean and cause all kinds of bad things to happen. I changed my front sprocket to a 14 tooth and that allsohelped alot the top gear roll oon was pretty crazy i didn't need to downshift over 50 to pass cars but it wasn't reving to high on the highway.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 06:27 PM

dyno

what does your bike dyno at?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-22-2005, 12:56 PM

My current bike should dyno at 111hp according to motorcyclist magazine I never had my 650 dynoed before it was totaled on June 1st when a car pulled infront of me. But most of the poeple on www.svrider.com are averaging 70-73hp stock and motorcyclist has it rated at 73.5hp a first gen sv is 65-68 I think I'm not sure. But differen't dyno's get different numbers but a stock sv650 has way more than 58hp. If you haven't removed the snorkel on your airbox yet try it if you can stand the noise its worth it even with the stock filter or you can get a sv1000 snorkel for it. its a good thing you did get a bmc air filter instead of a k&N a stock filter usualy works better. But with just a slip on you shouldn't have to remap it. The stock computer can be remaped by a shop with a yoshi (I think its called) box I'm not positive on the name of it though.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-14-2005, 11:56 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to 1badsvs
My svs was good without the pc but when I put the pc on, it was a pretty good differ. The 520 conversion was one of the best mods I have done so far besides getting the full faring.

04 Sv650S K&N,power commander USB with custom tune,Two brothers,Mod. air box,Full farings,custom chain guard&hugger,carbon fiber,finder eliminater kit,520 chain 1 down & 3up,Braided steel lines,sv gel seat,tail cover,flush blinkers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode