which to buy? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-15-2004, 10:54 AM Thread Starter

which to buy?

I have been riding a sportbike for a while now and am ready for a more upright position and the look of the naked bikes is very appealling. Which one would you recommend? I do like acceleration, so that's an issue with me. Top end I don't care about so much. My favorites thus far are the 599, SV650, and the FZ6 but have looked at others and am open to persuasion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-16-2004, 01:41 AM

I like the retro look ZRX but if you go modern the bandits are a steal and the z1/fz1 rock IMHO.

Repeal helmet laws, they only protect people we most likely don't need in the gene pool any way!
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-18-2004, 03:51 PM

I own a 2001 SV650 i bought it 4 months ago, and love it. Its very tourqy, and great on the highway. It easily pulls wheelies, and turns on a dime. So i hoped to have helped you.
post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-18-2004, 04:36 PM

Re: which to buy?

Quote:
Originally posted by BikeLoadofBeef
I have been riding a sportbike for a while now and am ready for a more upright position and the look of the naked bikes is very appealling. Which one would you recommend? I do like acceleration, so that's an issue with me. Top end I don't care about so much. My favorites thus far are the 599, SV650, and the FZ6 but have looked at others and am open to persuasion.
since you seem to like the mid weights
Why not a Triumph speed four,they have fully adjustable suspension( none of those you mentioned do),a great engine,handel like a dream,are comfortable and are in the same price range as the rest.In Motorcyclist magazines test of the naked 600's they did't compare the Speed four with the others because it out classed them so easy.
i currently own a Speed triple and can tell you in 7800 miles of riding it has been a absolute hoot to ride,and trouble free.Fit and finish are with the best out there.

badges? We don't need no stinking badges.
Twist and shout!
Loud Clutches save lives
The older I get the faster I was
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-18-2004, 06:42 PM

New honda 919?

04' Gsxr 1k

Show or go?
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-19-2004, 01:25 AM

Re: Re: which to buy?

Quote:
Originally posted by Maddjack
since you seem to like the mid weights
Why not a Triumph speed four,they have fully adjustable suspension( none of those you mentioned do),a great engine,handel like a dream,are comfortable and are in the same price range as the rest.In Motorcyclist magazines test of the naked 600's they did't compare the Speed four with the others because it out classed them so easy.
i currently own a Speed triple and can tell you in 7800 miles of riding it has been a absolute hoot to ride,and trouble free.Fit and finish are with the best out there.
Oh Yah, good call. I forgot that one and yes it is a VERY tasty option in the mid-naked class.

I was REALLY dismayed by motorcyclists decision not to test the speed4 along side the other choices in the review. Their rational sounded pretty lame. "It would have won too easily or was too potent for begginers who are the focus of the article" was plane dumb. They should have tested it with all te rest and included a warning of "not for a first bike".

Repeal helmet laws, they only protect people we most likely don't need in the gene pool any way!
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-19-2004, 01:57 PM Thread Starter

I took a look at the Speed 4 and that has become without a doubt my first choice. I am moving 7/21 and there is a Triumph dealership where I am going, I'd like to test one if they allow it. Any additional information about the Speed 4 would be greatly appreciated.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-19-2004, 04:36 PM

It has excellent mapping on the injection.The twin headlamp deal is great for night or even dusk riding,lights a hellva big area up and I think those twin lights are the setup to beat.Ergos are good for me 6ft1 inch 33 inseam.Good rubber out of the box in current common sportbike sizes for ease of choice..the flyscreen works well.The stock brake lines on all Triumphs are stainless steel.

badges? We don't need no stinking badges.
Twist and shout!
Loud Clutches save lives
The older I get the faster I was
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-19-2004, 05:30 PM

post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-19-2004, 05:40 PM

Yea im really lookin foward in buyin the rs50,but im really more interested into gettin the rs125...but those are mostly European bikes but some people smuggle them in..im suppose to go to dealer next week to look at the rs50's......are they a good bike for someone that almost 6'0?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode