which to buy? - Page 3 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-04-2004, 09:10 AM

if this isn't your first bike, i would definitely go with the 919. not much more money, but a lot more bike. you will definitely not be disappointed with the 919.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-09-2004, 10:35 PM

Im 5'9 and I recently bought a S4. There is a lowering kit that the dealer offered, and it dropped the bike an inch. I can now sit flat footed with no probs. It did not upset the handling one bit.

http://www.celicasupra.com/bike2/bike001.jpg
http://www.celicasupra.com/bike2/bike002.jpg
http://www.celicasupra.com/bike2/bike003.jpg
http://www.celicasupra.com/bike2/bike004.jpg

The zip zie will be replaced with a new bracket this week I will be painting it black soon. I got the green bike for a smoking deal, and no black 03s were left when I looked.

A good link:
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Articl...eID=790&Page=7

Quote:
#1 – 87.3%
Triumph Speed Four: Nick Nasty
If you're looking for a polite entry-level machine, may we suggest leaving the Triumph showroom and heading to a Honda dealer? This is the bike that is akin to all those hammered CBRs and Gixxer 600s that have had all their plastic ripped or crashed off, amped with attitude and a feisty demeanor. "So I vibrate a little – you wanna make somethin' of it?" Its powerful front brakes are touchy enough to set an unwary rider on his ear, but that's just the way its hard-riding and mischievous riders like it—that's our version of reality.

The perfect reality bike has yet to be built. If it were, it would have the grunting torque of the SV, the top-end hit of the FZ, the adjustable suspension of the Speed Four, the refinement and smoothness of the 599 and the wind protection somewhere in between the FZ6 and the Triumph.

In the meantime, we declare the Triumph Speed Four the winner of our Reality Bike shootout. It may not be best suited to you in particular, but it just might be the best value in motorcycling today
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-12-2005, 05:51 PM

SV1000S or FZ1,each rock! but to a different beat!
post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-30-2005, 10:32 AM

FZ1

I love my FZ1. I'm a bigger guy at 6'2", and it's an awesome bike. It is an upright positioned crotch rocket without all the ugly plastic! I love it, and it always has power to spare!
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-30-2005, 02:54 PM

I had an 03 sv650 I'm also 5'9" and I could flatfoot my 650 in 04 they droped the seat hight an inch. The bike was great I put 7500 miles on in under 2 years. It had plenty of power on the street and was a blast to ride its handling and wide powerband were its strong points. My 650 was recently totaled and i got good deal on an 03 sv1000 naked as a leftover i realy like the bike alot it has alot of power at any rpm in any gear above 2500 rpm it handles allmost just like my sv650 did but the suspension is way better. I realy wanted an 05 speed tripple but I got a much better deal on my sv1000 and the only color left in te us was gold i wanted a black one and the sv1000 was much better 2 up.
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-19-2006, 12:36 AM

How about a Ducati Monster?? I love mine.

Last edited by S4Rob; 03-19-2006 at 12:40 AM.
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-19-2006, 04:25 AM

since this is not your first bike the 919 is a very nice bike a friend has 1 and he loves it and iam 510 and had no problem touching the ground on it .

scott
2002 CBR 954 RR
when you are on a honda you are on the best
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode