which to buy? - Page 2 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-19-2004, 08:55 PM

The triumph speed 4 is a very good bike, but the thing I would worry about is parts availability. There have been rumors of triumph dropping the sport bike line, and I know for a fact that the parts can be hard to come by right now, I traded in a 2000 speed triple to get a 599. I hope triumph continues with a full lineup, but looking at where their development dollars are going it does not look good for the sporting lineup.

You know a bike that might be worth waiting for is the Kaw z750, I'm sure that it will be offered next year, and in canada it sells for about the same price as the 599& fz6.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-20-2004, 12:40 AM

I have not heard anything about Triumph dropping the sport lineup and they just dumpped a ton of money into a revamped 600 Race Rep that's finally up to par with the big four. The speed four is base on the the foundation of the Race Rep 600 (TT ?).
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-21-2004, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Evans89
The triumph speed 4 is a very good bike, but the thing I would worry about is parts availability. There have been rumors of triumph dropping the sport bike line, and I know for a fact that the parts can be hard to come by right now, I traded in a 2000 speed triple to get a 599. I hope triumph continues with a full lineup, but looking at where their development dollars are going it does not look good for the sporting lineup.

You know a bike that might be worth waiting for is the Kaw z750, I'm sure that it will be offered next year, and in canada it sells for about the same price as the 599& fz6.
No disrespect but your info is bogus,they have no intention of dropping the sportbike line and I have zero problem getting anything for my speed Triple.We have 3 very good dealers within 75 miles and I am not afraid to buy or let them service my machine.
Anything I have had to order(even painted parts) only took 5 to 10 days.Maybe your dealer was putzing around.
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-30-2004, 07:07 PM Thread Starter

OK, I threw a leg over a S4 and could not stand flat footed. For me that's a problem; I feel they're too tall if I cannot stand with both feet flat (I'm 5'9"). That throws it out of the running, any other suggestions?
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-31-2004, 07:01 AM

At 5-09 I would'nt think you could have a problem with any of the bikes on your list. I'm shorter than you and have learned to be comfortable with one foot on the ground most of the time, beacuse thats the way it is. The 599 is the smaller of these bikes, but not by that much. It's hard to go wrong these days, all the bikes you are looking at are great, hope you find one that fits right.
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-01-2004, 08:22 AM Thread Starter

It's just a preference thing. I'm more comfortable and feel a bit more stable if I can be flat footed. But, if I like the bike enough, I could probably learn to live with it. I thought at 5'9" I wouldn't have any trouble, but I did.
Is Honda's 919 worth the extra $ over the 599? The 919 had the best fit so far.
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-01-2004, 10:11 AM

The 919 is a fine bike, a great all around street machine. Just wish honda would offer it in a real color, like red or blue for christs sake, Ha. In fact I'm going on a ride today with three guys and one has a 919 so I'll get to check it out more closely, I know he's happy with it.
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-01-2004, 09:04 PM Thread Starter

Let me know what you learn...I'm heading to the Honda dealership tomorrow to have another look.
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-03-2004, 09:10 AM

i just got a 919 and i love the bike. i have had a S3 and thought that was great too. you might reconsider the 919 for a first bike as it does have quite a bit more power. if you like the 919, i would suggest getting the 599 as they should be almost identical except for engine.
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-03-2004, 04:41 PM Thread Starter

This won't be my first bike, that's why I'm looking at the 919. My first bike was a ZX9 so I'm used to the power. My concern is that I would be disappointed with the 599 in that regard.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode