Dual Slip-on 19 57.58%
Leave it the F' Alone! 7 21.21%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-14-2002, 06:32 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to Honda919Rider
919/Naked Riders

I have an ethics question about my 919:

Stick w/ the dual underseat look, or throw a low-mount single on there?

Arguments:

Dual Underseat - Not many bikes have this look; Part of 919 character.

Single Low-Mount - Probably more power; Reduces weight (noticable difference?).

What's your opinion?

"We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers, and also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of Budweiser, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls... Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get locked in a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can." HST
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-15-2002, 11:16 AM

Send a message via AIM to SilentNEKO
well no one responded so I thought I'd support my fellow naked riders and give an opinion
I love the dual under seat look, its the best, now lets think about this logically, how much can a small can weigh, maybe 15 lbs, so thats all your saving, if you really were worried about weight you would have bought a plastic covered drop handled chiropracticly expensive crotch rocket, no offense guys, I just don't see the point of one on the streets. no my friend you wanted something with attitude, thats why you got the 919, bad ass looking bike with the coolest high tech paint job so maybe you should just replace the cans, but don't get rid of the position, you'll miss it, ok enough rambling, happy riding

"When the time comes, I'll be too busy lookin good!"
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-15-2002, 01:35 PM

Send a message via AIM to hondasarge Send a message via Yahoo to hondasarge
I'll be going with a pair of erion racing slip ons soon. I really like the dual tucked look and it was part of the reason I bought the bike in the first place (shallow, I know). Check out www.motorcycledaily.com for their take on the pipes.
-Sargent
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2002, 03:47 AM Thread Starter

Talking Shite!

Now those are some nice cans!!!

"We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers, and also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of Budweiser, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls... Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get locked in a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can." HST
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-05-2002, 03:57 PM

919 exhaust

Those cans are nice, but I can't shell the money out yet. I cut the backs off of my stock mufflers until I can decide to get some slip-ons. It does sound pretty good.

Hey everybody We're gonna get laid!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-09-2002, 02:26 AM
Retired Moderator

This solution seems the most cost effective, the only drawback is that the original exhaust are modified and the next buyer might not like it.
The Erion exhaust are really good looking though.
Just a thought.
Aris
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-28-2002, 04:14 PM

I would go with the twin hi-mount carbon cans.

What I have noticed with my ZR-7 is that the carbon fibre is always cool to the touch and I think that would make the 919 more pillion friendly.

Those Erions look wicked.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-28-2002, 07:23 PM

Send a message via AIM to hondasarge Send a message via Yahoo to hondasarge
Actaully the Erion Cans are pretty cool to the touch after a ride too. My wife has one on her F4i and I thought I'd give it a test the other day so after riding for a while I got off the bike and grabbed the body of the can (not the polished tip, I'm not that stupid) and was suprised that it wasn't that hot at all, warm, but nothing that would burn skin or melt shoe. I don't know what that Black Satin finish is, but it does the trick.

As a side, mine are supposed to be in on Monday. I'll post up some pics after the install.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-27-2002, 06:40 PM

I have a 919.

I like the Moriwaki pipes. Link: http://www.919.org/

The best road is always the next road.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-22-2002, 06:10 AM Thread Starter

Angry

Man, it's been a while since I posted this. I ended up going with dual aluminum slip-ons from TBR.

I'm so dissapointed with them!!!

The looks and sound are great, but the fit??? UGH, a complete nightmare. Shoulda saved a smidge more and bought something with a better rep. Live and Learn.

Dan

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode