15 mph spill - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-03-2002, 03:33 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to Honda919Rider
Unhappy 15 mph spill

Well, that's it, I'm outta commision for a while here. I took a low speed crash over some loose gravel in a construction zone. I ended up with a gigantic hole in my left foot, some road rash, and a dinged up 919 The good news? Percocet !!!

"We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers, and also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of Budweiser, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls... Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get locked in a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can." HST
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-03-2002, 04:11 PM

Send a message via AIM to limegreen6R
sucks for you then, but I'm sure you're all happy now Hope the bike isn't too bad, and it sound like you be just fine, better then fine as long as ur on the meds
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-03-2002, 07:08 PM

Just remember to ask your doctor for some T3s and time off work/school. It's fun
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-03-2002, 07:36 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to R6steve
Re: 15 mph spill

Quote:
Originally posted by Honda919Rider
Well, that's it, I'm outta commision for a while here. I took a low speed crash over some loose gravel in a construction zone. I ended up with a gigantic hole in my left foot, some road rash, and a dinged up 919 The good news? Percocet !!!
Bummer!! I guess you will be picking gravel out of your wound for awhile. But just wash those percocets down with a cold one & take care until you're back on 2 wheels. Of course you will be in my prayers, should I put in a word for your bike

R6steve, twisty roads lead to twisted minds.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-13-2002, 06:24 AM
Retired Moderator

Honda919Rider, I'mreally sorry to hear about your fall.
I hope you can get on your bike soon!

Aris
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-15-2002, 04:32 PM Thread Starter

Cool

Thanks Aris! The foot is still banged up, but maybe in a few weeks. I NEED TO RIDE!

"We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers, and also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of Budweiser, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls... Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get locked in a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can." HST
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-15-2002, 04:56 PM

Sorry to hear about your fall! Hope you get well soon, and get back on your bike.

Question, though.

What were you wearing, on your feet, too get such a "gigantic hole" at 15 MPH

Ride Well

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-16-2002, 05:28 AM Thread Starter

Well, let's just say that any rider who says, "I'm just going for a casual ride today - nothing crazy, hence, I don't need all that gear for this ride," is fooling themselves. However, that is exactly what I said to myself. Two hours later I was laying in the back of an ambulance w/ the paramedics saying they couldn't find a pulse in the foot (is that why it turned so blue?).

Go buy as much protective gear as you can afford - it's not worth loosing life/limb.

(P.S. - the foot stayed on - THANK GOD! )

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-16-2002, 05:37 AM Thread Starter

Red face

Actually, let me clarify - I was wearing a pair of leather Sketchers. Don't laugh, because I know many people wear less - even sneakers.
But with the shear weight and force of the bike, it just fell over on it's left side and the shifter ended up punching through the shoe - leaving a nice big gaping wound down to the bone.

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-16-2002, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Honda919Rider
Actually, let me clarify - I was wearing a pair of leather Sketchers. Don't laugh, because I know many people wear less - even sneakers.
But with the shear weight and force of the bike, it just fell over on it's left side and the shifter ended up punching through the shoe - leaving a nice big gaping wound down to the bone.
um sketchers being sneakers, boots, what? I was gonna get a set of alpinestars boots this week but I don't know they've got any more protection on the *top* of them than normal hiking boots.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode