Sportbike World banner

Z Rex

17K views 35 replies 24 participants last post by  Jgreen 
#1 ·
Any more ZRX riders out there?

#15 ·
Madcap this is one of the most gorgeous ZRXs I ve seen :drool:
I really like the naked look :)
What kind of headers are these? It doesn't look like the colour became like that by riding the bike hard, where they designed like that?

Aris

#16 · (Edited)
That's the Muzzys Racing Titanium header. Titanium turns all kinds of purdy colors when it heats up. Nice and light too, about 8 or 9 pounds for the whole pipe (can too) The coloring makes it easy to track jetting changes because the headers start changing color as the air becomes colder and denser in winter and the bike starts running leaner/hotter. I may just be imagining that part though:D

Thanks for the compliment.

Attachments

#19 ·
Suffering From REX Adoration.......

I've had a bevy of bikes over the years, started with a TX500 Yamaha bought in a series of boxes from a PCS'ing coworker. To a Suzi GS850 which I didn't like, to a XJ750 Seca which I liked better. Upgraded to a CB1100F which I heavily modded, to a Gixxer 1100 that I modded more and still have. In between a smattering of SRX 6's that were modded and raced in sound of singles, numerous XL's and XRL's on which a 650 I still play on. I had a '94 Viffer that I really enjoyed, but got tired of pulling the fairings on each oil change and any type of maintenance. A pain in the neck to keep clean.

I was shopping for a hooligan style bike. Checked out the Buell's, Triumph Speed Triples, KTM's Duke, and the Duck's Monster. Year after year I kept coming back to the REX.

This year I finally bought a REX.

I love it.

I think it's motorcycle's version of the 5.0 Mustang. Fine as it is, and easy to personalize. Want a tourer, a drag bike, a corner carver? Whatever you want, it's a few wrench turns and a few dollars away.

I spent a four hundred mile day last weekend on the REX. Smiles the entire ride. I did that on my Gixxer a few years ago, and at the end of the day, I had a hard time peeling my feet off of the pegs at stop signs.

I thought I'd miss the handling of the Viffer.......I think the REX handles just as well, with superior brakes and a lot more torque.

Again, love the REX. I thas everything I was looking for in a bike, and the price ain't bad.

Funny thing, dealers in the area can't keep one on the floor. I picked up the last alloted REX from my local dealer. He'd have to special order any future purchases. Had a buddy who had to go three counties south to finally find one.

Eddy, I don't know you, but I think you're missing something here.

It's a shame, your loss.

#24 ·
wassup guys

citadel650 here (I guess you never could have guessed that, huh) just wanted to post since I am a part of ZRXOA. I know that I don't have a rex, but have riden with many of you around the N GA mtns at TWO. Glad to see some of y'all make the rounds.:twofinger BTW, dad is selling his rex if anyone is interested, along with everything else on it. He has already sold the dymags and the akro exhaust but there is still plenty of goodies left to be had at a good price.

#25 ·
2000 BLACK ZRX1100

had it since new, now has over 22000 miles on it. few mods..zerogravity wind screen, kerker carbon-fiber can, k&n filter, corban G&L seat..completely trouble free. Bike does it all..commute, long trips/tours..back road burner...hoolie special. I can't imagine ever getting rid of this bike.

As far as color goes....Green may be mean...Red may be lead...but Black is Beautiful!

patrick
kyrex1

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.