BMW's for sale....Any advice? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-01-2002, 02:01 AM Thread Starter

BMW's for sale....Any advice?

Best regards team:

ARIS: What you think of this bikes for sale...?

http://65.64.241.253/1974_bmw_r75.htm

http://65.64.241.253/1974_bmw_r90s.htm

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-01-2002, 03:13 AM

Bikes are beautiful, but they should have moved the
R90 away from that oil spot...lol.

Suzuki GSXR 600cc track bike. Penske shock, Ohlins steering dampner, Lindemann forks, Sharkskinz body work, Full Yoshimura RS-3 Titainium / carbon fiber exaust system, Yosh digital tach with built in temp gauge, Yosh clip-ons, WRM rearsets to name a few. Motor was built and tuned by G-force racing engines.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-04-2002, 12:10 AM
Retired Moderator

Hi Robert,

I see that you re seriously interested in BMWs!

I like the R75/6 a lot, I'm also biased as it's like my own bike
It looks very clean from the pictures and it must be the result of a professional rebuild.
The onlky drawbacks I see that could reduce the price are the colour which is not in the BMW range and the front disc which doesn't look to be standard BMW. It should be perforated like the R90S. I don't know the priced for such BMWs in US but it seems reasonable as the labour and parts are expensive and it seems a lot of work has been done on this one. Just make sure you see the bills so that you know what was done.

I don't like this R90S at all! It has many mods that can be used to lower the price, but even if they are mods made by a long lasting owner to improve some thing the bike looks bad. The wheels are from a Yamaha XS750 shaft triple as far as I can tell! They are certainly not BMW wheels. I wonder how they mated the XS rear wheel AND bevel drive with the BMW shaft Maybe the previous owner was desperate to have tubeless wheels??
The seat unit looks to me like a /7, there is a bar linking the frame from front downtube to above the swingarm that I have never seen before (maybe to strengthen the frame??), and it has Koni shocks (that's not bad). The exhaust are not correct either.
The price difference also reflects the relative condition of the two bikes. The R90S is much rarer and more sought after, and if it was in a similar condition to the R75 it wouldn't be 500$ more, it would be something like 1000$ more!
With these bike, it's best to buy the best you can afford, because you'll end up paying much more later!

I hope this info is useful to you. Let me know if you need more details, I will help as much as I can

Aris

Last edited by ariszr7; 03-04-2002 at 12:14 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode