Sportbike World banner

why do euros get the cool stuff?

5K views 22 replies 7 participants last post by  Vudehors 
#1 ·
if they would import the rs 50 european model to the US id buy one tomorrow.

note the single sided swing arm, thats balls. if i could talk about 5 friends into getting one, these would be a friggin' blast.

im not sure i could handle the bone jarring 12 hp big bore kit though

See less See more
#4 ·
one of the mags did a little review on them in the last month or two and said they had an absolute blast on it. not much of an only bike though.

G
#13 ·
Tristan said:
Adam-

Live Rates as of 2001.02.27 22:31:16 GMT.
2,600.00 USD
United States Dollars = 3,974.36 CAD
Canada Dollars
The ones at the bike show were around 4??? $ CDN
Thats the 50 cc and not race ready.

Small bike companies usually do not give Canada a break on prices. The cost to get them here is high. They will also not sell a large amout of these, so they have to make up for it somewhere.

#14 ·
Squidwannabe said:

The ones at the bike show were around 4??? $ CDN
Thats the 50 cc and not race ready.

Small bike companies usually do not give Canada a break on prices. The cost to get them here is high. They will also not sell a large amout of these, so they have to make up for it somewhere.
Actually, the stock 50's retail for over $3000 USD, so the 75cc kitted version is quite a deal. The dealer doing this is promoting a spec racing series. Since the price includes delivery in 48 states, I'm sure it wouldn't be much more to ship to Canada.

G
#16 ·
Tristan said:

Actually, the stock 50's retail for over $3000 USD, so the 75cc kitted version is quite a deal. The dealer doing this is promoting a spec racing series. Since the price includes delivery in 48 states, I'm sure it wouldn't be much more to ship to Canada.
That is a good deal, but worthless for a fat ass like me. Im sure the 10 hp Derbi would propel someone under 100 lbs quite nicely, 55 mph might even be achievable !!

#20 ·
RS50 /75 kit

There are a few riders in Netherlands/Europe that have obtained 150km/h on the RS50 with the 75cc kit. Thats 93 mph folks! Just fast enough to smoke alot of bikes when the money goes where the mouth is in the twisties.

Ha!

(should i consider one?)

....lugging MY portley 180 pound 5'10" body around wouldnt be quite the snap that it would be for a squirrelly dutch kid though...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.