Twisties is AZ, is there such a thing? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-08-2005, 06:52 PM Thread Starter

Twisties is AZ, is there such a thing?

Hi, are there some good roads around Phoenix for curves? I haven't ventured too far out nor bought a detailed map. I ve seen a bunch of Harleys out by Mcdowel mountain when I was MTN biking, so I thought I'd take that route. My God, what a boring straight 55 mph road. Maybe that 's flyin by the seat of your pants for Harleys.

Trevor

"Don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter."

"When I drink, something happens. This guy called Buzzy comes out. And he proceeds to do whatever he wants, I guess'' - Wayne Rainey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-08-2005, 07:05 PM

I don't know the names of any of the highways, so what I say will have to be slightly researched.

You can go up to Payson, there's some mild twisties that way.

You can take Apache Trail (Main Street) up to the lake, (the fun starts at about Ironwood / Idaho roads). Beyond the lake is a dirt road for about 15 miles, so once you're at the lake, turn around.

If you get a newish map, you'll find a shitload of twisties in the northern parts of AZ. Granted, this isn't the easiest thing to do on a day's notice, so you may want to make a weekend out of it, and have a big twistie-fest.

On a day's notice, though.. Go up to Payson, or go to the lake (the name of the lake I don't know.. I can get there, but to put it into words.. I'm fucked)

Anyway, they're out there, you just have to get a map and hunt them down. It takes more research than it should.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-09-2005, 10:05 AM

Highway 89A through Yarnell, Prescott and Jerome is very nice. Take heed though, the police are out in full force up there, so just take it easy and enjoy the scenery. There's also Canyon Lake/Tortilla Flats which is out by Apache junction. Take Idaho Rd. north of the US 60. (Idaho Rd is also Hwy.88) You'll see the signs for Canyon Lake. Police also watch this area carefully too.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-09-2005, 11:09 AM

Take hwy 89 out of Wickenburg to the Kirkland Junction and head up SR96. This will take you through some curves we refer to as Skull Valley. After you experience the nice curves of the 96 you will come to another junction for SR97. This road is a blast, it has twisties and quick elevation changes. This is the part we call Bagdad. After enjoying an up and down run the 96, continue on the 97 for a stop in the town of Bagdad for a refuel and some food at the diner.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 12:52 PM

Arizona has the most beautiful riding I've found but beware to over ride these roads seem to many people go over cliffs and a lot of dead riders in az
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 05:54 PM

get yourself a KLR 650, make your own damn twisties

hehe

the road up the mountain from sedona to flagstaff is awesome, when it isnt jammed with old farts in cages stopping at every corner to take pictures
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-29-2005, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by VYPIR
Take hwy 89 out of Wickenburg to the Kirkland Junction and head up SR96. This will take you through some curves we refer to as Skull Valley. After you experience the nice curves of the 96 you will come to another junction for SR97. This road is a blast, it has twisties and quick elevation changes. This is the part we call Bagdad. After enjoying an up and down run the 96, continue on the 97 for a stop in the town of Bagdad for a refuel and some food at the diner.
whattup homo
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-29-2005, 11:40 PM

What Up!!!

I saw you pop up on my GAYDAR.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-30-2005, 07:47 AM

The best twisties in AZ are on mill avenue and at the airport YO
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-01-2005, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Triker
The best twisties in AZ are on mill avenue and at the airport YO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode