Az Heat!!! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-23-2005, 08:04 AM Thread Starter

Az Heat!!!

Ok, so those of you that live here experienced the blistering 110 we had the last 2 days. It was so bad i wore nothing but a tshirt and shorts to the gym. (bad mike BAD). On the otherhand, i was still sweatier than a 3$ hooker ona friday night.

My question is this,

What are all you AZ guys doing to be able to ride for more than 10 minutes in the summer? Any tricks?

thanks!

Mike

+------------------+
The comments in this post in NO WAY represent reality. The author reserves the right to Deny, Retract, Lie and or change anything said above. Especially in the case said author makes a fool outof himself for being a N00b.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-23-2005, 08:30 AM

Send a message via AIM to Kevlar7R Send a message via Yahoo to Kevlar7R
There really aren't any tricks. We usually ride at night. Drink a TON of water, and sweat. Thats about all there is to it.

Whatever you do, don't skimp on gear just because its hot. Its SO tempting to leave the jacket home, or forego the boots. Its better to sweat your ass off, then scrape it off.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-23-2005, 12:29 PM

Wait till we get to the 115-120 range.

Now that's a hoot and a holler.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-23-2005, 01:36 PM Thread Starter

Yup not looking forward to that at all!

Quote:
Originally posted by sidewaysducati
Wait till we get to the 115-120 range.

Now that's a hoot and a holler.

Mike

+------------------+
The comments in this post in NO WAY represent reality. The author reserves the right to Deny, Retract, Lie and or change anything said above. Especially in the case said author makes a fool outof himself for being a N00b.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-24-2005, 10:56 AM

The trick I learned after 5 years of riding was to buy a car with AC and leave the bike in the garage.

I definately support riding with your gear no matter how hot it is. The gear will make you sweat, but once you get rolling again it's nice and cool (like a swamp cooler). Drink lots of water, try to make travel times when traffic is low or the temp is cooler, and most important... WEAR YOUR GEAR! The pavement is just as hot or hotter.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-24-2005, 07:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to GrCh35 Send a message via Yahoo to GrCh35
You will build up resistence. I ride all year around and I tell ya once it hits 112 then I start to feel it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

There's 2 type of riders, the 1's that have gone down & the 1's that are going down. I've been down, which one are you?

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-25-2005, 07:38 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to TLR75
YUP! SWEAT WILL ALWAYS HAPPEN. But it better if you wear a helmet. Otherwise the hot air in your eyes and in your nose is sickning. Ride after sunset and you will be more happy!

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-22-2005, 07:10 PM

I couldnt even crack my visor the last two days (110+) because of the heat. I think it's better to have no air blowing on you than no gear, or mesh jackets. I tried the 'soak your shirt in water before you put on the leather jacket', and that only felt good for about 5 minutes before it was the same hot-ass temp. Im more worried about people seeing my swamp ass than sweating under my leather jacket.

"Don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter."

"When I drink, something happens. This guy called Buzzy comes out. And he proceeds to do whatever he wants, I guess'' - Wayne Rainey
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 04:57 PM

go north young man....

used to live in sedona area, it's so dry that you dont really sweat as much. i could be out all day in 105 degree heat and not notice it (drank lots of water though)

Check out the Sportbike World Map at

Enter your name and zip code to add yourself to the map!
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-29-2005, 08:23 AM

Re: Az Heat!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by mmackinnon
Ok, so those of you that live here experienced the blistering 110 we had the last 2 days. It was so bad i wore nothing but a tshirt and shorts to the gym. (bad mike BAD). On the otherhand, i was still sweatier than a 3$ hooker ona friday night.

My question is this,

What are all you AZ guys doing to be able to ride for more than 10 minutes in the summer? Any tricks?

thanks!
I ride in full gear with back and chest protector all summer long. i commute to work 25 miles one way.

I love the heat.

Hotter the better. SUre better than new england cold ice and snow and I can ride year round!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode