8/18/04 Tortilla Flats! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-17-2004, 07:37 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to cdma2000
8/18/04 Tortilla Flats!

None of you showed up except (I'm guessing this is who it was) Kawboy7RR; had a 7RR anyway.

Dude, if you read this, there was NO WAY I was going to stop with those deputies harassing you... I'm happy to say that they didn't hear me shut it down from 10,000 RPM in second, and that I saw their lights from more than a mile away on the last hairpin. I hope ya talked your way out of it!

cdma2k

We will teach our twisted speech to the unbelievers

Last edited by cdma2000; 04-18-2004 at 09:11 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-18-2004, 11:03 AM

The Cops Showed Up At Flats???? I was too intoxicated the yestersay night to wake up at 6:30 in the morning
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-18-2004, 11:59 AM Thread Starter

Yeah, they nabbed the dude just on the way out of the twisties, by the trailhead parking. I was just crossing 100 MPH on my way to 130 when I saw the MCSO Yukons with lights-a-flashing. I went putting by with a guy in a Toyota pickup close behind, one of the deputies gave me a long look as I passed by...

Dude they nabbed was on a 7R or 7RR with old rash on both sides, and a green Eddie Lawson Joe Rocket jacket... he had mentioned SBW to me earlier, but I never caught his name. He said he'd gotten a ticket Easter Sunday, too. Description ring any bells?

cdma2k

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-18-2004, 03:10 PM

Send a message via AIM to GrCh35 Send a message via Yahoo to GrCh35
Quote:
Originally posted by cdma2000
Yeah, they nabbed the dude just on the way out of the twisties, by the trailhead parking. I was just crossing 100 MPH on my way to 130 when I saw the MCSO Yukons with lights-a-flashing. I went putting by with a guy in a Toyota pickup close behind, one of the deputies gave me a long look as I passed by...
cdma2k
Damn, that sucks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

There's 2 type of riders, the 1's that have gone down & the 1's that are going down. I've been down, which one are you?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-18-2004, 07:06 PM

Was He wearing glasses or Have on a green bandana? Sounds like someone i may know.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-18-2004, 07:17 PM Thread Starter

Green bandana.

cdma2k

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-18-2004, 07:19 PM

Sounds like it coulda been Marco, Did He have a See thru Green Windscreen?
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-18-2004, 07:30 PM Thread Starter

That I didn't notice.

I felt bad passing him by, but didn't have a clue what I could do if I'd stopped.

cdma2k

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-18-2004, 08:07 PM

Send a message via AIM to HyDrO
No way, that sucks so bad! have you talked to marco today marcus?
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-18-2004, 11:46 PM

oh yeah...... that was me... (and no i didnt get a ticket on easter...) its cool cdma2k i wouldnt of stopped either...

you should have seen the trouble they went through... it was hilarious...

it was right pass the bridge (1st bridge going in.. 2nd leaving the flats) i was slowing down, i had a blue toyota tacoma in front of me... a left turn was coming up.. right after the turn, the tacoma pulled over and let me pass... (no double yellow ticket)... when i gassed it to pass, there was a white sheriff suv coming towards the flats on the oncoming lane... so whatever i didnt think anything of it.. i was riding along... not like hauling ass like other times... so after a good 3 minutes of riding.... as you leave the twistie part of the flats, and you exit that last left turn that goes into a straight and up a little hill.. well right over the hill was another sheriff SUV... as soon as i pass him he pulls out flashes his lights... so i pull right over... looking down the road there was a 3rd SUV setting up a road block... so anyhow i pull over..
the questioning went something like this...

me: "what seems to be the problem officer?" he didnt like that too much...
cop 1: got a call on the radio of a guy speeding on a green motorcycle... wait and the officer that caught you speed will be here any minute..
so about 6 to 8 minutes later... he shows up all pissed off. and starts yelling..
cop 2: "GIVE ME ONE GOOD REASON FOR ME NOT TO TOW YOUR BIKE AND TAKE YOU TO JAIL!!!!" ..
i thought i was gonna get a beating.. or some kind of police brutality, as mad a he was...
me: uh its my only means of transportation.. officer i apologize, if i knew you were chasing me i would have stopped when i saw you"... then i look at the cop that pulled me over and said... didnt i pull right over when you flashed your lights..
cop 1: "yes you did"
me: i have no reason to run...
cop 2: DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW FAST YOU WERE GOING???
me: no i was focusing more on the road.. about 35 maybe 40..
Cop 2: BULLSHIT!!! I WAS DOING ABOUT 70 MPH TRYING TO CATCH YOU!!! YOU WERE GONE ...
me: no way...
cop 2: i clocked you at 53 mph, DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE SPEED LIMIT IS??
me: 25, 35 and on some parts 45.... (oh man that was the wrong thing to say... he got even more pissed...)
cop 1: im gonna head back up...
cop2: ok ...
then he looks at me and asks for my license and registration... so i give it to him.. and cop #3 pulls up..
Cop3: so your the green biker on the 88..
me: huh i wasnt doing 88... 40 at most...
cop3: laughs no your on the 88, and getting a fat ticket..
me: ok then yeah that was me.. you guys act like i was running... again officers i apologize, if i knew you were chasing me i would have stopped..
cop 2: MARCO, DO YOU HAVE ANY WARRANTS OR ANYTHING I SHOULD NOW ABOUT???
me: no, you could check it..
cop2: IM GONNA CHECK IT!!
cop3: nice bike 600 or 750...
me: 750
cop3: (looking at my rear tire) looks like you really lean it..
me: yeah every now and then... check out the front... (the front is bald on the sides and has thread in the center)
cop3:damn, (then looks at the sides) looks like you laid it down..
me: nah i bought like that...
cop3: we know why you love this road, i ride also... be careful out there... have a good one...
me: take care... ill try...
cop2: ok your clean,
me: again officer i apologize for all the trouble... if i wouldve known, i wouldve stopped... (my name aint MARCUS)
cop 2: you know in the last 6 months there have been 20 motorcycle accidents, 18 which were sportbikes like this.. all 18 was because they were speeding and lost control... some of them didnt live, the ones that did were really messed up.. the speed limit is 25 mph, if your doing 35 we wont bother you, 45 is pushing it , anything 50 or over, im gonna ticket you, and send to to jail... we have guys doing 70 or 80 at sometimes.. im gonna give you a ticket, for speeding.. but the next time i catch out here doing anything wrong, im taking your bike and your going to jail...

so he hit me with 53 in a 25 civil traffic, rather than criminal traffic..
im kinda bummed out about it, but i was kinda expecting it... the way i see it...... it was only a matter of time... as much as i ride and mess around... those that ride with me know what im talking about... i guess im gonna calm down a lot more and try more track days... and be a little more responsible.. im also glad five 0 wasnt around on easter sunday or earlier this morning.. when Sirron (zx9r) and i were tearing shit up...

and another thing.... i always get pulled over when we post rides on here or other forums.... thats why i usually dont... this is the 4th time.. in like a year and a half... damn it email or call each other... take care fellas...

ill be throwing another bbq soon at my house... or lake, maybe both...

marcus you have a lot of experience with tickets... traffic school??? give me a call...

Marco
AZoutlawsrc.com

"ItS nOt TrAdGiC tO dIe DoInG sOmEtHiNg YoU lOvE"

"And now THE answer to why Kawasaki's are heavier:
It is a factory added handicap that allows riders on other bike brands a chance to Keep up with you!"
- Sportcycles.....

Last edited by kawboyzx7rr; 05-03-2004 at 10:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode