Bike shops and decisions... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-25-2003, 05:11 PM Thread Starter

Bike shops and decisions...

Well, what can I say. I love my Ninja 250 passionately but for all the highway driving I need to get a bike that feels a little more solid. Don't get me wrong, the Ninja takes me wherever I have to go at speeds that I shouldn't go anyway but the amount of time I keep the bike at high revs during my 80 mile round trip commute is alarming. So what the hell to do...

I don't plan to sell the Ninja simply because at a place like Tortilla it's an absolute blast. The thing corners like it's on rails and I've never once found a situation where I'd have been happier doing the shit I do with my 250 on another bike... Except highway... I haven't gotten it past 115 and realize it won't do it. So even though it isn't for the speed, I want to get something ELSE for the highway driving. I just feel awful about the constant high revving...

So being the little traitor I am, I went to the Suzuki/Yamaha and Honda dealership. Of course I fell in love with the R6. I love the way it sits and feels, the way everything handles and most of all that I feel comfortable with the size/weight. I just wanted to make sure. It's no 250, I know that. I wanted the YZF-600 at first but don't like the bulkiness of the fairings. I'd love to stay with Kawasaki (Don't start me) but as much as I want it, I'd never realistically be able to maneuvre comfortably on the ZX-7 or 9. I love the 6 but if I'll go with a 600cc, why not just go R6.

Anyway, there's those of you who own some sweet 600/700 cc bikes and I wanted some honest opinions. Am I an idiot for already wanting to go 600? Should I wait at least a year? Should I grow and gain at least 20 pounds?? Aside from the occasional accidental wheelie and stoppie on the 250, I have been incident free. I just want a little something extra out of a bike. Is that too much to ask?

By the way, I'm looking for something that is a blast to ride on mountain grades and curves as well. So handling and cornering is a huge consideration.

Ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-25-2003, 07:04 PM

Send a message via AIM to cdma2000
Daisy, you get what you want. You'll do fine.

I'll see ya next Feb with my new bike.

cdma2k
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-25-2003, 07:29 PM

Re: Bike shops and decisions...

Quote:
Originally posted by AZDaisy

I don't plan to sell the Ninja simply because at a place like Tortilla it's an absolute blast. The thing corners like it's on rails and I've never once found a situation where I'd have been happier doing the shit I do with my 250 on another bike... Except highway... I haven't gotten it past 115 and realize it won't do it. So even though it isn't for the speed, I want to get something ELSE for the highway driving. I just feel awful about the constant high revving...

I wanted the YZF-600 at first but don't like the bulkiness of the fairings. I'd love to stay with Kawasaki (Don't start me) but as much as I want it, I'd never realistically be able to maneuvre comfortably on the ZX-7 or 9. I love the 6 but if I'll go with a 600cc, why not just go R6.

Ideas?
i say go with what you want, but all of the newer 600's are great, only racers will use them to there full potential.. as far as keeping your 250 once you ride one an get used to one of these newer 600's the 250 will be useless.. youll eventually get bored with it... i dont know about you but i was kinda scared of the 250, it seemed kinda unstable at high speeds... i sold it and got my 92 zx7... which i fell in love with... that why i still have it...

the r6 is a great bike, but everone has one, every were you look youll see an r6, r1, gsxr or f4i, if your ok with then go for it... personally id keep it KAWI... Im not talking about the newer zx6rr or the 636 but the 2001-2003 zx6r... just because not everyone has it... plus i love the way it looks... as you can tell (by my zx7r) im NOT into latest and greatest... far from it...

go with what you like... just my

Marco
AZoutlawsrc.com

"ItS nOt TrAdGiC tO dIe DoInG sOmEtHiNg YoU lOvE"

"And now THE answer to why Kawasaki's are heavier:
It is a factory added handicap that allows riders on other bike brands a chance to Keep up with you!"
- Sportcycles.....

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-25-2003, 10:17 PM Thread Starter

CDMA: Looking forward to it! Hope you've had a speedy recovery and are a step closer to that ZX12! You're still going with the 12, aren't you?

Kawboy: You're right about the R6. That irked me as well. It's so common. I am concerned about my ability to handle a ZX-7 though. I'd love another Kawi for sure but I just don't want to be disappojted when I just can't handle it. What else sits and feels like an R6? I'm not big on the GSXRs either. Great looking bikes but not for me. The SV650S (older one) with aftermarket fairing though... Shweet. SV1000 too. Tasty.

But yeah, F4i, GSXR, YZF.... It's been done to death. You're right, I don't want a common bike. I love the nice solid feel of a Kawi. What about the ZZRs? How do those step up?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-26-2003, 02:34 PM

what about the zx6r.. 00-02??? not the zx6rr or the 636

thats a great looking bike.... not very common around these parts... (actually anywhere)

ive never rode a zzr, but hell its a kawi...

as for the zx7r, its not for everyone... it sits wide and aggressive... my wife rides my zx7, she likes it, but its a little too heavy for her..

Marco
AZoutlawsrc.com

It is a factory added handicap that allows riders on other bike brands a chance to Keep up with you!"
- Sportcycles.....

Last edited by kawboyzx7rr; 09-26-2003 at 02:47 PM.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-26-2003, 02:37 PM Thread Starter

I'll start looking into that. Gonna get some pricing and maybe go visit some dealers. I like the idea of a bike that's already broken in too. I got my Ninja ('03) with 500 miles on it and it was owned by an engineer that took excellent care and had all the receipts from the first tune. I've since put almost 6000 miles on it in over 3 and a half months.

Thanks for your suggestion!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-26-2003, 02:48 PM

sounds good... if you go with kawi it has to GREEN.....

let us know what you get... post a pic.. and when are you gonna ride with us???

Marco
AZoutlawsrc.com

- Sportcycles.....
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-26-2003, 03:26 PM Thread Starter

Nothing beats Kawi Green.

Well, I can come along pretty much anytime. Weekends are especially perfect cause the hubby works nights and I'm sure when he gets home he doesn't want to deal with my hyper ass. He'd love for me to get out of the house and disappear for a few hours. Just name the time and place and I'm there.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-26-2003, 03:33 PM

Post BIKE TO BUY?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by AZDaisy
[B]Nothing beats Kawi Green.

KAWASAKI ZX6RR .............JUST DO IT!!!

MA-ZX9R

Make yourself a better person and know who you are before you try
and know someone else and expect them to know you.

That which hurts you makes you stronger.2003-Michael Anthony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode