Is it really that dangerous to ride in AZ? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-10-2003, 08:14 PM Thread Starter

Is it really that dangerous to ride in AZ?

I wanna get a bike but all i hear from everyone(who dont have bikes) is how dangerous it is to ride in phoenix. i know that its not the best place for bikes but is it really that bad?

all i wanna do is ride to school and back. and sometimes on the weekends. i dont plan to get a big bike nor do i plan to do tricks. i know i will speed when i do have a bike, so i guess that has its risks.

so is it really that bad?

i would appreciate your replies.
thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-10-2003, 08:26 PM

everyone says its is, but i havent had too many bad experiances out here... of course there's gonna be stupid drivers every where you go... NYC was pretty bad because all of the cabbies, plus NY drivers are very aggressive... theyll cut you off in a heartbeat...

i seen a lot of stupid drivers out here... but always be alert of you surroundings... youll be fine..

marco

Marco
AZoutlawsrc.com

"ItS nOt TrAdGiC tO dIe DoInG sOmEtHiNg YoU lOvE"

"And now THE answer to why Kawasaki's are heavier:
It is a factory added handicap that allows riders on other bike brands a chance to Keep up with you!"
- Sportcycles.....
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-10-2003, 08:29 PM Thread Starter

ya i lived in brooklyn for 5 yrs. i know what its like to drive there. but to be honest i didnt see 1 accident when i was there. here i see one at least every other day.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-10-2003, 11:16 PM

We have a mix of stupid drivers. Different levels of stupid driving all in one pot. Then there is Sun City.

I agree, just be careful out there.

Do you plan on doing any weekend rides or local events?
I will send you a PM with another local site to check out.

PS
Check out TEAM Arizona for some rider training if you are a new rider or even if you have riden before.
http://motorcycletraining.com/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-11-2003, 03:27 AM
dbo

you just gotta be observant...if you ride like they're all out to kill you, you'll do fine...as far as weekend rides...you gotta get up early and get outta town quick...don't wanna hit weekend or holiday traffic...

and as far as taking advice from those who have never ridden...DON'T! haha. they'll never understand anyway...

if hate were people, i'd be china.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-11-2003, 06:39 AM

Send a message via AIM to GrCh35 Send a message via Yahoo to GrCh35
Smile

We have stupid drivers here in Az? Nah, really? I couldn't tell. As long as you stay alert, you should be fine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

There's 2 type of riders, the 1's that have gone down & the 1's that are going down. I've been down, which one are you?

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-11-2003, 08:09 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to TLR75
COPS!

Quote:
from everyone(who dont have bikes)
Maybe thats it... People who dont ride bikes see "sportbikes" and they get all emotional. I have never had a problem in the last 11 months with traffic being in the Sun City. The only issue I have are the cops everywhere ( due to the fact that Phoenix and its surroundings are all "A BIG SUBURB" and cops dont have anything else to do) and you have to watch you bike. Folks will steal it and take it to mexico. So you see my friend... GET THE BIKE! RIDE IT! ENJOY IT AND NEVER LOOK BACK! You are missing out if you always ask questions....My 2cnts

Last edited by TLR75; 09-11-2003 at 08:16 AM.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-11-2003, 10:07 AM

Post 2 BIKE OR NOT 2 BIKE?

ITS NO MORE DANGEROUS TO RIDE HERE IN THE PHOENIX/SUBS
THAN IT IS IN ANY OTHER LARGER CITY OR TOWN. YOU HAVE IDIOTS NO MATTER WHERE YOU DRIVE OR WHAT YOUR DRIVING.
YOU HAVE TO MAKE A CHOICE A HEAD OF TIME EXACTLY WHAT RISK YOUR WILLING TO TAKE WHEN YOU GET IN OR ON ANY VEH.
ARE YOU GOING TO DRIVE FAST,SPLIT LANES,DISOBEY SIGNALS?
YOUR ACTIONS AND THE REACTION FROM OTHERS SETS A TONE
YOU SHOULDNT BE SUPRISED AT. FOR EVERY ACTION THERES A REACTION RIGHT! I AM NOT TELLING YOU HOW TO DRIVE OR NOT TO DRIVE BUT JUST REMEMBER THERE IS ALLWAYS SOMEONE
WATCHING AND SAYING" LOOK AT DAMM IDOIT" "F****N A$$H**LE" TRY AND PUT YOURSELF IN THE OTHER DRIVERS SEAT WHEN YOUR ARE DRIVING WHAT WOULD YOU THINK OR EXPECT. BE CAUTIOUS AND AWARE AND KNOW THAT NOMATTER WHAT WE LIVE WITH THOES WHO BREAK THE RULES FROM TIME TO TIME AND SOMETIMES THE RULES BREAK THEM....

MA-ZX9R

Make yourself a better person and know who you are before you try
and know someone else and expect them to know you.

That which hurts you makes you stronger.2003-Michael Anthony

Last edited by MICHAEL ANTHONY; 09-11-2003 at 02:40 PM.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-11-2003, 10:08 AM

the only problem i have w/az drivers is that everone likes to take rights and immediately proceed into the far left lane, but i'm sure that happens everywhere...i'm sure cali drivers are much worse, if you really wanna ride you'll have to adapt to your surroundings no matter where you live...and for the people that don't ride that ASSUME it's dangerous tell em' it's time for them to start walkin' cause it's also dangerous to ride a cage in az.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-11-2003, 11:16 AM Thread Starter

wow thanks for the replies guys. this is exactly what i wanna hear.

and VYPIR thanks for the links.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode