Who's been cought speeding? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-29-2003, 02:31 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to TLR75
Who's been cought speeding?

Has anyone here been cought speeding? What happened when you went to court with a crimal ticket ( stupid term ). How much was your fine? 96mph on the 101 heading East. I was riding along and out of the blue sky he appeared and pulled behind me. He wasn't rude or anything and I was nice to him but still got the ticket. I think only cause his son was in the car with him. Im not pissed or anything just wasnt fare. I was in control, no traffic, and I was doing the average 90mph driving.

Last edited by TLR75; 01-29-2003 at 02:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-30-2003, 05:08 PM

Send a message via AIM to GrCh35 Send a message via Yahoo to GrCh35
Smile We play,...

...we pay. I've yet to be pulled over on my bike. Now, in a car, that's a different story. Your most likely going to take it deep. So be prepared to pay the fine. What part of PR you from?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

There's 2 type of riders, the 1's that have gone down & the 1's that are going down. I've been down, which one are you?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-30-2003, 05:28 PM

Me

I got caught doing 140 (thats kms/hour yankee's!) in a 90 zone. I wasn't paying attention (usually I slow down when I see a white car way ahead) I blew him off right away but when I caught up to my cousin who was driving my truck I had to slow down because he is from Germany and we were going camping I would have ruined his trip if I kept going. The cop showed up about 4 minutes later, I just pulled over, he didn't put his lights on. I pretended I didn't know he was after me, but he knew I blew him off.
He asked how fast I was going, I have this thing about lying and I told him the truth. I said about 140, he said well I got you on radar for 129 which is him giving me a break because anything over that is not a fine it's a court case. He asked me how my record was I told him it was good, he checked and came back he said I will drop it to 115, $265 fine and 4 points. Gave me a lecture about moose and how dangerous it was what would I do if this that, you should keep it under 100 blah blah.
All summer my friend with his GSXR and I were driving this great twisty road real fast, and we blew them off about 4 times. I know I will get shit from people here about that, but if you stop after getting tagged for 160, you loose your license for 6 months, and I didn't buy a new bike to look at it in the yard. It's a road in the middle of nowhere, you might see one car the whole time if your lucky. So I guess considering the amount of riding we did on that road, I did OK. Like the guys says, "You play you pay"

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-31-2003, 06:14 AM

Send a message via AIM to Scrapy918 Send a message via Yahoo to Scrapy918
I was doing 110 on the 101 heading east in Glendale, and I past an unmarked light blue DPS Sergeant. as soon as he got behind me I got off the throttle and got off at the nearest exit. he stopped me and started asking all these questions. come to find out he is an ex-motor officer, and he started BSing about bikes, well he clocked me at 95, well he wrote down on the ticket I was doing 85+ in a 55. Criminal speeding in Glendale he should have taken me to jail but he didn't and he let me go. when I went to court I had the option of going to driving school and it was never on my record. I'm not sure how much the ticket was but driving school was only $85.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-31-2003, 06:40 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for all your good comments. Hey GrCh35 I'm from San Juan, PR moved to Chicago a few years back and now live in Chandler. I was expecting people to be rude and start shit like they themselves never speed. I guess we play we pay is right. The sad part is that I wasn't even playing. I was crusing towards my friends house. I hope the fine doesn't come to the $400 mark. I like the $200 range better. ARG! why do most of the peple that talk about riders see us as criminals. In all my years I have never gotten that impression from all the people I have met. Yet in all the movies we are seen as criminals. Is anyone planning anything to see the movie "Biker Boyz" tonight or this weekend? It would be nice to have a bunch of riders show up somewhere.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-31-2003, 08:23 AM

Smile

Shit happens. Don't even worry about people bro. Let them think what they want. These bikes bandle so well we have to keep an eye on the speedo. Many times I have cought myself going 90+, not on purpose either, you just can't feel the road. Good luck with the out come. Hopefully they'll give you the oppion of school. If they do, your in. I might go check out the movie today.
I was born in Jersey man, my mother is from Dorado and my father is from Las Piedras. I lived in Dorado from 83 to 90. Moved down here in 90.

There's 2 type of riders, the 1's that have gone down & the 1's that are going down. I've been down, which one are you?

post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-31-2003, 01:19 PM Thread Starter

Hey GrCh35 are you riding this weekend? I'm riding with a buddy after work today. Let me know... Born and raised in Puerta de Tierra, San Juan. I havent been back there in three years but I kinda miss not being able to surf outhere.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-31-2003, 01:52 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to wheelie123
re: speeding

come to think of it. i've never been caught on a bike, but i've been busted WAY too many times in a car. i've actually gone to jail for speeding. on a bike, i got pulled over and i asked him why he pulled me over. he said that i was flashing other cars to move out of my way in the fast lane. i laughed and told him that no, but i understand why he said that: sportbikes have a much tighter suspension than a car and when we hit an expansion joint or a crack, the headlights appear to be flashing, but it's just the bike bouncing. he then realized that i was right but more importantly that i was being very cool with him and he let me go. now if he had caught me a half mile back...!!

"Tattoo on the lower back. Might as well be a bullseye." - Wedding Crashers
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-31-2003, 02:08 PM Thread Starter

I have been pulled over back in Chicago four times and they let me go all four times. This time here in Mesa I was so cool with him. We even walked to his car and he explained to me on how the computer worked and how he was able to track me. But the first thing he said was...."ever been to jail?" I kinda wanted to laught @ the macho attitude. Im sure his son in the passenger seat was proud of his daddy.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-01-2003, 05:39 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by TLR75
Hey GrCh35 are you riding this weekend? I'm riding with a buddy after work today. Let me know... Born and raised in Puerta de Tierra, San Juan. I havent been back there in three years but I kinda miss not being able to surf outhere.
I wish I was riding this weekend, but to busy. I haven't been back to PR since I moved here in 1990. The surfing was nice huh? You ever been up to Kikkita Beach? I did some boogie boarding, nothing big, my thing was skateboarding.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode