moving to AZ HELP!!!! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 09:54 AM Thread Starter

moving to AZ HELP!!!!

Hey, I'm moving to Goodyear AZ in about a month. I have never been to to AZ but am very excited. My wife and I might look into an aparment in Phoenix, but for now we have a place to stay in Goodyear. We are from DC and are used to going to hardcore shows(hatebreed, American Nightmare, Stretch Armstrong, ect), is there any place out there to catch good shows? Also, are there any good non-denomational Christian churches? What is the riding like? I have an Aprilia Mille. Are the police tuogh on sportbikers? Whats the closest dragracing and road racing track? Thanks alot, I'm finally geting away from the cold weather I hate. Oh yea, I need a job too, hows the economy? HAVE A BLESSED DAY!! Joe

I WILL DIE TONITE FOR MY BELIEFS!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 10:23 AM

Stay away from living in phoenix, it sucks. Cricket Pavilion normaly holds really good concerts with all types of shows. Sorry can't help you on the church part. The ridings good. Could be better but it's good. Police hate sportbikers here. Closeset drag strip is speedworld. Closest road track is firebird raceway. The economy here is much like it is anywhere else right now, slow.

A good wheelie and great sex are about the same. You always wanna go deeper, harder, higher and faster. But can you control yourself on the edge of losing it ?

God bless the freaks !
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 10:33 AM

Everything Tigger said except the part about Phoenix sucking.
I live in an apartment in North Cental Phoenix and I love it.
Freeways are close, yet still there's hiking 5 minutes away.(Squaw Peak - Dreamy Draw park). It's a nice balance.
Of course, it all depends where exactly in Phoenix you end up living.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 10:42 AM

I moved to Phoenix 3 years ago from DC and I will NEVER EVER GO BACK TO THAT SHITHOLE OF A CITY!!!!

Phoenix rocks in comparison. If you can suffer through the oppressive summer, the rest of the year is so worth it...!!!!

Will
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 10:45 AM

I live around 31st ave. and Yorkshire Dr. Seeing how I came from small midwest college town, Phoenix just sucks to me. But hey, everyones got a view right.

A good wheelie and great sex are about the same. You always wanna go deeper, harder, higher and faster. But can you control yourself on the edge of losing it ?

God bless the freaks !
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 10:48 AM

Tigger, you mean Phx just sucks period, or do you think something like Mesa or Chandler is a better place to live? I'm just curious. I came from a small midwest college town too, Carbondale, IL.

Oh yeah, I should mention.... in the summertime it really does suck. (but the other 7 months are great )

Last edited by Sliptwixt; 10-09-2002 at 10:53 AM.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 12:36 PM

Phoenix in general. Yeah summer sucks and the rest of the year is enjoyable. Compared to places like DC or Detroit, Phoenix isn't half bad. But I live down here as a student so I see alotta crap most people don't. The theft rate on bikes is way high, and a few buds got killed. *taken out on their bikes by cars* Phoenix isn't a major hole like DC but all my bad luck has kinda turned me aganst it. No offence ment to anyone from the previous posts of course.

God bless the freaks !
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 02:15 PM

I can understand that. I agree, bike theft here is really bad (i worry everynight if i'll wake up in the morning to find my bike gone). And anytime you lose a friend (or friends) in a bike vs. cage accident, it brings the level of overall sucky-ness up a bit. But as you said, it could be worse.. no offense of course, but I could never live somewhere like Detroit or DC.

I just try to really enjoy the good months here and hold on to those memories when it's 115 degrees outside.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 02:20 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info. It looks like I am going to MMI to formaly train on motorcycles. Man, it's expensive. Anyway, I thing we will be living in Goodyear for a while. I would really like to get an apartment in Phoenix. Whats the rent look like for a decent 2 bedroom apartment? I found out there are Vineyard churches real close. Thats perfect. Are there any spots where you can run flat out and not worry about the police? Thanks again. HAVE A BLESSED DAY!! Joe

I WILL DIE TONITE FOR MY BELIEFS!!
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 04:37 PM

Good luck on the move! I decided this year to make a move as well. From Yakima WA to Huntington Beach CA. I can't stand the cold and snow we get every year up here. Yuck! In fact, I leave tomorrow on my Kawasaki for the 1500 mile trip! Woo Hoo!

Once again, Good luck!

-jon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode