New Dunlap D208zr - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-01-2002, 10:01 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to OutlawRoadRacer
New Dunlap D208zr

I recently needed a tire, go figure. I called my local shop for my treasured Dunlap D207 Sportmax, and the lady tells me they have stoped making them. I was like no, you have to be mistaking. Anywayz she tellz me that they have a new D208Zr Sportmax, and I was like no they have a 208GP tire which is a race tire. She said no, so I asked if they had the 207RR, and she was like we don't carry race tires. At this time I'm thinking what the heck is this women smoking. So I go to the shop, and she shows me the tire, and low and behold she was right. So I get the tire thrown on my rim, and take it home. I have to say this tire feels great. I now live in the cold midwest, and it's cold here now, but yet the tire heats up extremely easily and well.

I am a freak about tire temps, as I used to be a Pilot Sport man. Until one night a few years ago on the run (the mill run) and turning on to Galven parkway my rear slid way out on me. After we stopped Basil turned me on to the D207. I have wandered, and tested a few other tires on my hayabusa, but the D207 is the best tire for that monster of mine. I love the over all feel, and comfort it gives me at 170+ freeway cornering ect. And I long for the last few weeks of riding weather to melt the edges of my new d208.

Please let me know what you think of this tire if you have used one.

Chris

If the Arizona Cops weren't DICKS I wouldn't be an OutlawRoadRacer!
SPORTBIKING IS NOT A CRIME!!!!!!!
Bad Cop No Krispy Kreme!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-03-2002, 01:43 PM
R1-Racer

Here's my .02 cents on the 208. I hate them!!! It came stock on my '02 R1. Remember...this is my opinion. It seemed to me it took too long to warm up. It was very slick, I did NOT feel very comfortable on those tires at all. Many times they slid out on me around corners. I also only got about 5,000 miles out of them. I swtiched to Pilot Sports and there is no looking back. They warm up quick, they stick like glue, and they make my R1 feel more agile and aggressive....if that's possible. I've got 6,000 miles on them and they're runnin' strong. I figure I can get about 7,000 miles out of them. That's about it.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-05-2002, 06:46 AM Thread Starter

LOL I'm interested to hear others opinions on this cause we have totally different views. Although I havent had the tire over 160 in a corner yet.

Peace Chris

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-12-2002, 10:36 PM

I ran one on the back of my RR, all I got to say is HOLY SHIT. Get this thing hot and it sticks like a cat on shag carpet. No tire spin at all doing throttle pops in first gear. My 900 pumps out 118 at the rear meat, which isn't outragously strong but it's enough to break grip on most tires I've tried. Just wish the 208 compound would last a little longer pulling doughnuts and shit.

Hey Chris, I rode with a dude named Chris on a busa with the radar runners. You the same guy ?

A good wheelie and great sex are about the same. You always wanna go deeper, harder, higher and faster. But can you control yourself on the edge of losing it ?

God bless the freaks !
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-13-2002, 04:05 AM

What is freeway cornering?????????

KNEE DOWN FINGER UP!!!!

That will buff out!!

Women are like parking spaces.....you get in...you get out....and you leave it behind you!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-15-2002, 06:57 AM Thread Starter

:)

Yup that's me lol

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-15-2002, 06:34 PM
R1-Racer

Just a little FYI, the West Coast Sales Manager for Dunlop came and talked to us today at MMI. It was a very infomative presentation. Here's some quick notes. They make the D207ZR and the D207RR . They are now concentrating on the 208GP, D208ZR.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-15-2002, 09:36 PM

Right on, I'm the guy who had the black F3 with the tiger furred tail. Went on a few runs with ya guys back in the day.

A good wheelie and great sex are about the same. You always wanna go deeper, harder, higher and faster. But can you control yourself on the edge of losing it ?

God bless the freaks !
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-19-2002, 02:15 PM Thread Starter

Right on I remember how you doing?

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-20-2002, 10:26 PM

Not bad. Had a pretty bad spill back in January. Arizona cops are still being hardasses with that "M.C. Hammer" bullshit. Everything else is mostly jusy how you left it.

God bless the freaks !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode