Just Moved to AZ...now where do I go? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-27-2002, 02:58 PM Thread Starter

Just Moved to AZ...now where do I go?

Wow,
I have had an increadible summer, I am starting Medical School here in phoenix tomorrow, and have spent my summer cruising all over the country on my bike. I know, I am one lucky basterd! anyways, I have moved into Glendale around bell & 59th street. I have already had a chance to meet the local law enforcers, and have decided that is the last time I need to be talking over traffic laws with them. Anyways, I am pumped to be in an area where I can ride year-round (I used to live in MT). Even though I am going to be busy with my medical school requirements I am still going to work in time to ride my bike. The shitty thing I have found so far is there seems to be no great place to ride that is reasonably close to my location here in glendale. I have been going out for 5:00 am rides to try and beat the heat, but have not yet found any great twisties. Infact the only part of my tire that has gotten a workout since I have gotten here is the center four inches.....bummer. I understand you guys don't want to reveal your prime spots, but could someone familar with the area hook me up with a great ride that isn't too far away. Thanks.

Drake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-27-2002, 03:08 PM
Founder

http://www.phoenixsportbikeclub.com

They do a ton of rides, garage days, and get togethers. A great group of people.

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-27-2002, 03:12 PM

one place I know of is Canyon lake. I don't know where it is you live or a short way to get there, but if you head east on the 60 and get off on Idaho road (hwy 88) and follow it, you will hit the second gear corners you can drag some body parts on. I just lowsided there monday mornin and soon as my anckle heals I'm going back out again.

You just think I'm weird cause what you have are thoughts, what I have are voices. -Randall-

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-27-2002, 03:18 PM

Welcome to AZ!! Sounds like a much fun summer, indeed.
Well, 59th St. and Bell isn't really Glendale... did you mean 59th Ave?
Either way, you're right about the riding spots. There isn't a whole lot that is really close to you, twisty-wise at least.
Since you're up on Bell, you're not too far from the Cave Creek area, which is North of you. I can't speak of any spots in particular, (because I've yet to ride up there), but just head down Bell to Cave Creek and head north. There's bound to be something of interest up there.
I'm sure there are some other folks out there that could post some good ideas.

I wish I could get up that early for rides. Even if I didn't have work, I doubt I'd have the dicipline.
I take my rides, during the week anyway, at like 10pm.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-27-2002, 03:33 PM
elo

Send a message via Yahoo to elo
Arrow

Uh, Bartlett Lake Road???

Take the 101 East to Cave Creek Rd., turn north on Cave Creek and follow the road through the town of Cave Creek. The lake turnoff is about 15 minutes outside of town. When you reach the payment area, go about .25 miles on down the road and you'll see a left-hand turn. That's Rattlesnake Cove. Very good riding!

The road's not as twisty as Canyon, but it's also far less traveled.

Erica

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-Your one stop source for all things pocketbike!

-Official Website for the SouthWest Association of Pocketbikers
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-27-2002, 04:38 PM

You should talk to Hecklerr6. He lives in Glendale and is also in medical school up there in Phx. He does some weekend riding and he and I do track days together. Drop him a line. I'm sure he would hook you up.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-27-2002, 04:39 PM

You should talk to Hecklerr6. He lives in Glendale and is also in medical school up there in Phx. He does some weekend riding and he and I do track days together. Drop him a line. I'm sure he would hook you up.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-27-2002, 04:49 PM

uhhh, did I say that twice??? Damn computers...........
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-27-2002, 05:27 PM Thread Starter

Sweet,
Thank all of you for the quick reply, Also thank you folks for the lowdown on some riding. I am pumped to be here and hopefully Our paths will meet soon. Thanks again

Drake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode