Just a few questions - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-14-2002, 10:00 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to viocurse
Just a few questions

1. What kind of maintenance does the bike need?

2. How often? Like Oil change every 1500 mi? Or is it like a car?
I've only ever worked on cars. My dirtbike maintenance consisted of "give the bike to grandpa, he likes working on stuff."

3. What revs do you guys cruise at around town? Highway?
I did a little math problem. When I had my Z28 it redlined at 5700, and i cruised at 2000-2500. so thats around 40% of max. 40% of 13000 is 5200. Is that a good spot that won't run the engine too hard?

4. Will those A-holes ever stop coming into my lane? I am to the point where i want to kick the side of their cars when they just come on over without even looking. Im not even in their damn blind spot! I am right the **** beside them!

5. Where are some good bike shops in or close to Tempe? I wanna buy stuff for my bike cause buying stuff is good and the president told me too.

Btw, i love onramps, especially the two lane ones, especially when I start out behind a pack of cars... I just hope to god one of those bastards doesn't change lanes. Well, i guess I don't really do that if theres more than a few cars, but its still fun.

6. Can any of you hook me up with a job? PLEASE!?! I don't wanna be a dishwasher, thats the only job I found open thats not fastfood and applies to me.

Cam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-14-2002, 01:34 PM

If you put some loud slip ons on your bike it will help keep people from merging on you. It used to happen to me at least every other week, and after I put my slip ons on (Jardine) it only happens like once every three months. I can see the drivers heads turning to see whats approaching as I am passing. Now they know! LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES! I always type that when I get to this subject and someone always disagrees, but I know its true. Well there is my two cents. Enjoy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode