Arizona Cops Suck! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-06-2002, 12:21 AM Thread Starter

Arizona Cops Suck!

as if all of us dont know, lol! does anyone know of a way to actually beat a speeding ticket in court? as we all know cops are in over abundance in arizona, or maybe there is hardly any crime out here so they have nothing better to do than bust our balls. and we all know what happens when you go to court and stand before the judge to fight a ticket, the judge always sides with the cop. obviously they are on the same team, so one isnt going to side against the other, but there must be a loop hole in this cop and judge bs. i mean the cop goes in with absolutely no evidence or witnesses or anything else for that matter, just his word against ours. as if there arent any crooked cops right? i mean hell the cops could actually start pulling people over and say they were doing 200 mph when in fact they were going under the speed limit, and our dumb ass legal system will stand behind what the cop says just because he has a badge. i'll be damned, cops i guess arent like citizens, they are free from error, and in that case i guess god and jesus are wrong as well, because they(the cops) are the only humans free from sin. sorry if i'm going off a little, but if you have been riding sport bikes for more than a week in arizona, then you more than likely are just about as fed up as i am with our above the law, organized gang, ooops! i mean police officers. ok enough said on my love for cops. if anyone knows of a way to beat a criminal speed ticket, or at least know of a good lawyer that will get me out of it without getting me out of all my cash, please let me know. thanks.

Last edited by bigmike32172; 05-19-2002 at 09:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-19-2002, 06:01 PM

Hey Dude,
Everyone that knows me, or knows my team (RR) knows what harrasment is. We have been totally under the gun for some time now. Constant questions, and BS about RR, it's members, our activities ect. They make us sound like we are raping, and doing drive bys and shit lol. All we were was a tight group of guys who like to ride. I'm glad to be gone from Arizona for now with all the crap going on there.
I do have to say that our group has a guy that is now a D.P.S. officer, and he is a good friend. Not to mention a bad arse rider. We also know a few Phoenix motorcycle cops that are very kewl, and have done some fun stuff with us while on duty. So please don't batch them all together. I mean I have my issues with these bastards that have a hard on for us. These cops that think (and I have heard the words) we are organized crime. Gimme a break boys go hassle the drug dealers, the rapists, the child molesters, and gangsters, and then maybe worry about a group of guys breaking some traffic laws!!!!!! So police give us a break please we don't hate you, it's just when your constantly harrased and followed by helicopters ect you start to think hey maybe these guys really are the man.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-19-2002, 10:04 PM Thread Starter

unfortunately there are about 1 out of the hundreds of cops out there that are cool, and that majority give the few good ones a bad name. most other states arent too bad with the cops, but i cant say the same for arizona. i think the reason behind this is everyone is new out here, and so are the cops. therefore just about every cop you see is a rookie, and trying to make an impression with his superiors, not to mention they are all wound up from being fresh out of the academy, so they are a little trigger happy. i know this from friends back east going into the academy, and when i go and visit them i notice a difference in attitude. and when i say crooked, i mean if i were the cops brother, or any other family member or close friend getting pulled over on a bike, do you really think i would get ticketed???? never the less, i finally got an attorney to fight my criminal speeding ticket, and he just came right out and told me, "mike its not worth it to argue in court, youre obviously not oblivious to the fact that the cops and the judge are in cahoots with one another, and anything you say when its your turn to give your side of the story just makes the judge think youre an assh le even more so". enough said.

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-23-2002, 07:06 PM

I hear ya man. I don't know what to say the government is the ultimate organized crime lol
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-23-2002, 08:18 PM

Smile Commies!

I hate reading about cops that are purposely profiling Bikers. The solution to this problem isn't difficult. It all has to do with public relations.

Run a few events and sell raffle tickets for PBA related charities. It can be a opportunity to help someone & enhanced the image of the Sport Bike Rider.

New Jersey State troopers are excellent law enforcement officers and seldom hassle Bikers because they know that the majority of us have respect for them.

It's all about attitude and the vibes you give off when your stopped. Cops generally are "good people" and it's too bad that the occasional piece of crap give the others a bad rap.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-23-2002, 10:02 PM

Try these guys.... http://www.lawtigers.com/

They are local in Phx. I know these guys have represented 2 fellow riders, and specialize in motorcycle traffic law. They were supposidly clocked on radar at like 120 or something, and the posted was like 40. It was a felony (not typical mistemenor (sp?) criminal... actual felony). These guys managed to plea bargen it down to a $300, 3 point speeding ticket. The charge was $1200 each, plus the $300 fine, but better than the 6 months in the pokey plus the $3000 fine they were originally facing.

So what were the specifics of your case? Speed? Where? How?

So far, I have had very good luck w/ Mesa, Tempe, and Phx city police. Verbal warnings for stuff that I TOTALLY deserved a fat citation over. On the other hand, I've been stopped 2 times by DPS, both for extremely minor stuff that everyone else on the road was doing also, and I got picked out. Cited both times.

The first time was, what seemed to be a somewhat over-eager patrolman who was attempting to pace me for doing a speed equal to or slower than the other road traffic. (He even ignored the guy behind him who was crawling up his ass, as he had to drive slower than the traffic flow to pace me).

My lane was about to end, so I gently accelerated, signaled, looked over my shoulder, did everying but paint the guy a neon sign that I was about to change lanes, then I changed in front of him. At this time he was slamming the gas to catch back up w/ me to continue pacing me (apparently he was about 1/8 mile away from stopping me for speeding) and in the process, damn near ran into me. COMPLETE DISREGARD FOR MY SIGNALS OF INTENTION TO CHANGE LANES. Wrote me for unsafe lane change. In court, I was extremely polite and respectful, and basically, in nice terms, stated that my lane was ending, that I had to change lanes regardless (or I'd have been written for riding down the shoulder!) and that I couldn't fit in behind him for the guy tailgating the officer, so I merged in front of him. It's not like I had a choice or anything about changing lanes... I had to do it. Then pointed out that he had been "pacing me" and thus ignored my signals to change lanes.

The officer threw out his 20 whatever years of experience and stated that he was a sargent, and made the claim that I merged into him and that he slammed his brakes to avoid me hitting his car. Needless to say I lost.

On a side note... after that very stop, for an "unsafe" lane change, the same cop went down the road not 1/2 mile, then from the far left lane, ripped his car accross the 2 lanes to his right, accross the gore point of an on-ramp, flew up behind a car coming down the ramp (which he could have only seen for about 1/4 second before making the manuver) and had the other car lit up and stopped before even reaching bottom of on-ramp, immediatley threw open his door and went stomping and storming up to the car. No turn signal on his part either.

I hear ya bro.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-28-2002, 07:50 AM

THE BIKE

THATS FUNNY! i didn't know the gixxer bomb could go over the speed limit but on the real. how does a G1 get a ticket of ant kind tell me. i think it has to be the fact that some 1 keeps taking your horses i think you need to get a HONDA
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 09:39 PM

dumb ass cops

First off MR.954 has a point how do you get a ticket on any sportbike 600 or up ? ALL arizona cops are the same they see you there going to hit there lights just to se if you are going to stop or not. Fore some reason I like many others see those lights and I dont think twise I have to get as far away from them as fast as possible !!! And that is how not to get tickets in arizona And if you want to know who I am just think payson or watch the news for the black bike
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-13-2002, 11:03 PM

Maybe all who have ran from the cops should take some time to think that you just committed a felony. Its just a guess but that might be a pretty good reason for them to put a beatdown on our fun. There isnt any doubt that they are hard on sportbikers, lets be completely honest for a second, we are pretty hard on them too, I mean if you've ever seen a cop car fly up to you with its brakes on fire and the car smoking like its going to blow up ( even though its pretty damn funny ) just think about what he had to do to catch up. Hey im all for riding and f**king around just be aware that they have had enough of us and obviously they arent going to leave us alone so lets just all ride responsibly and smart, if you run and get caught its going to suck but you really need to blame yourself!
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-14-2002, 11:06 AM
Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by Heatwave
Maybe all who have ran from the cops should take some time to think that you just committed a felony. Its just a guess but that might be a pretty good reason for them to put a beatdown on our fun. There isnt any doubt that they are hard on sportbikers, lets be completely honest for a second, we are pretty hard on them too, I mean if you've ever seen a cop car fly up to you with its brakes on fire and the car smoking like its going to blow up ( even though its pretty damn funny ) just think about what he had to do to catch up. Hey im all for riding and f**king around just be aware that they have had enough of us and obviously they arent going to leave us alone so lets just all ride responsibly and smart, if you run and get caught its going to suck but you really need to blame yourself!
I agree. While I hate getting pulled over, it's a game you play. If you run you take your chances. If you get busted don't blame the cop, blame yourself for not being on the racetrack.

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode