question about crashed bike - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-18-2002, 11:18 AM Thread Starter

Question question about crashed bike

i crashed my gsxr into a car at about 25 mph, hitting it with the front right area and handle bar. the insurance company paid for all the repairs minus my deductable. when i got it back it felt funny on right turns like it was digging into the turn. it turned out that my right handle bar was bent in. i got that fixed and it feels much better, however it still feels like my butt is to the right of my arms when im riding strait down a street. i havent noticed any type of bend in the frame or cracking in the clear coat (if the frame does have one) and my sub frame looks strait. if you have any suggestions for why this feels this way please let me know. Thanks, Todd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-22-2002, 10:47 AM

Hey sorry to hear about your accident...

it might be possible that your frame may be slightly bent out of whack.. i had a similar accident but i was riding in the rain, a lady ran a red light and wham!!! i hit the rear passenger tire, at about 20-25 mphs. I bent my frame in about an inch and a half. If you have one of the newer GSXR's (96-01) your frame is most likely bent,, sorry to tell you. those gsxr's have really weak frames. if you ever look at one there not much to them they're hollow, same with the R1's, thats why those bikes are SOOOO light ... the zx7's have some really strong frames, they have ALMOST solid frames...

You might also wanna check to see if your right fork is bent.
most of the time on those R1/r6s and gsxr 600/750/1000 the frame will bend before the forks... so that you know those frames are anodized, and they will not crack if you bend them... you have to realllllly bend them in order for them to crack or chip.... GMD computrack would be able to fix your frame... they're out in LA, like i said first check your forks...

let me know what you find out...

Last edited by Motomeek; 03-22-2002 at 10:52 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode