Supermotard question! - Page 3 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-25-2003, 03:18 PM

Re: Nice Shots

Quote:
Originally posted by maDDtraPPer
Well first of all the guy in that link spent a lot of cash on his XR. I read that by tearing the airbox out, restrictor, jetting it, and getting rid of the restrictor in the exhaust you can get an easy 55 HP on the 650R. That doesn't cost anything. If I can swing buying this bike I won't be sending a fortune on aftermarket parts, just wheels tires and brakes.
I am a bit scared of the 650R. I seem to think the reason there are so many for sale used is because people can't keep the front end from tucking, because it is a big bike. Sure I read that it handles like a lighter bike but in the hands of a pro? What about me?
Grok I love KTM's. Every article I have ever read about them raves about their motors. I ruled them out because they are expensive but if I take the price of a fairly new XR then ad the wheels and tires, and the Baja kit I am up into the price of a good used KTM SM. Bottom line is i am going to start saving my beans and hopefully the right thing will come up when I can afford it.
Is Super Moto popular on Vancouver Island? I am moving to BC in the spring, I was hoping for Prince Rupert, but I can always apply to some companies on the Island if the riding is good.
Your friends that have XR650R's say anything about them bieng a handful? Do they do any dirt riding with them? I talked to guys here that have the 650L (about 60 pounds heavier) and they can't keep them upright in the bush.
Vancouver Island Sucks!! Stay Away!!!
The roads on the island are all twisty and bumpy, its hard to avoid getting air all the time, what a pain.
There is a healthy race series that includes a North American round and, get this, practices and race entry is still free!
Look Here!
The people around here have no complaints or reliability issues except for the first year's clutch bushing issue. (covered by warranty) Around the Island the xr650 has way too much power and weight for off-roading, it's fun on the numerous logging roads though!

Try it...........You'll like it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-28-2003, 04:02 AM

No Worries

I am pretty sure the Prince Rupert thing is going to go through for me. One problem, 220 rain days a year but the Xr will chew them up when I park the Ninja.
It says 800 kilometers from Edmonton to Prince Rupert, but says14 hours??? What are they driving? Is there something about the roads up there i should know before I move there?
I dare say I won't be much more than 8 hours on that drive if the roads are paved, depending on the RCMP.
Anyways Dan your killing me here. What have you got huh? Come on I know your up to something...Foker. There are more and more XR's for sale everyday up here. Theres a 94 600 for $2900 right now, I might research the 600 see whats up with it. I want something newer really though. Lets have it Dan what are you getting?
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-28-2003, 12:05 PM Thread Starter

Re: No Worries

Quote:
I am pretty sure the Prince Rupert thing is going to go through for me. One problem, 220 rain days a year but the Xr will chew them up when I park the Ninja.
It says 800 kilometers from Edmonton to Prince Rupert, but says14 hours??? What are they driving? Is there something about the roads up there i should know before I move there?
I dare say I won't be much more than 8 hours on that drive if the roads are paved, depending on the RCMP.
Anyways Dan your killing me here. What have you got huh? Come on I know your up to something...Foker. There are more and more XR's for sale everyday up here. Theres a 94 600 for $2900 right now, I might research the 600 see whats up with it. I want something newer really though. Lets have it Dan what are you getting?

Do I show my hand??? Hmmmm....

Ok, I'm very close to going with the Honda CRF450R, but I'm still thinking about the Yami or a KTM. Does that answer your question for you? LOL

post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-28-2003, 01:04 PM

Just Spying

i just want to know what bike you get so I can buy a bigger one and crash harder...Bastard!
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-28-2003, 01:51 PM Thread Starter

Re: Just Spying

Quote:
i just want to know what bike you get so I can buy a bigger one and crash harder...Bastard!
LMAO!!!
Oh yeah, well It's not the size that counts...it's how many fractures you can put into your new helmet! LOL
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-16-2004, 04:34 AM

check out the new Suzuki...
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-16-2004, 06:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Freeze
check out the new Suzuki...

Post a link, ice cube!
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-28-2004, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by slaintedan
Post a link, ice cube!

http://www.suzukicycles.com/Products...5/Default.aspx

I'm gonna get a Duke however
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-29-2004, 01:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Freeze
http://www.suzukicycles.com/Products...5/Default.aspx

I'm gonna get a Duke however

Yeah, the Suzuki is pretty cool, but I'd rather have the KTM too.
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-01-2004, 08:00 AM

mines coming soon... I really want the superduke 990 but I'm gonna ride this one for a season before dropping the money on a superduke... if they even come to the states...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg the duke.jpg (43.6 KB, 45 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode