Hey!!! All you dirtbike guys... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-29-2002, 11:03 AM Thread Starter

Hey!!! All you dirtbike guys...

Ok, need some advice from you guys. I'm lookin for an older (early to mid 90's) dirtbike just to have to screw around on. Trail riding primarily, so what do you think WR250, XR250? Or go the motocross route and get a CR125 or YZ125. I'm completely ignorant when it comes to dirtbikes. lol

"When in doubt..gas it."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-29-2002, 11:29 AM

I would suggest a Kawasaki KX250....and it seems that I just may have one for sale!!!

It's a '94 KX250, all original, ('cause I'm gonna keep all the chit that I have bought to convert it to a SuperMotard). I have all the original plastics for it, and they're in EXCELLENT shape! Even the seat cover is the original, and it isn't even torn!

Make me an offer that I just can't refuse!!

Or get something else.....

Reelin' 'em in.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-29-2002, 01:17 PM

Send a message via AIM to speedracercivic
i would go for a 350 4 stroke if i were u....i would get a motocross bike like any 125 or 250, no 500's because thats just too much power for the trails , if u plan on hitting jumps hard and riding really hard....but u can usually be faster in the trails with a good 250-350 4stroke like a xr or dr ....good luck....ride a few before buying something...i think u'll know right away what u'll want when u ride each one.......keep in mind that u'll probably never have to work on the 4stroke bikes compared to the 2 stroke where u usually have to rebuild the top end every year if u ride often which is what i did with my rm 125!!....what a pain!!

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-30-2002, 10:54 PM Thread Starter

That's the same thing I was thinkin, 2 strokes are a pain in the a**. Probably try and find an XR250 or 400. mbnickel what do you want to get out of it. I may be persuaded away from a Honda. lol

"When in doubt..gas it."
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-30-2002, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Doogie
That's the same thing I was thinkin, 2 strokes are a pain in the a**. Probably try and find an XR250 or 400. mbnickel what do you want to get out of it. I may be persuaded away from a Honda. lol
I'm really not looking for a ton out of it, I'd like to get somewhere around $1800, because it really IS THAT CLEAN! But I'm a reasonable guy, and I think, (with the exception of the aftermarket "supermo" crap that I've bought), that I only have about $1500 in it. I don't need to sell it, but it's been just sitting there in my garage and I haven't had time to build/ride it, so I might as well get rid of it, ya know?

Reelin' 'em in.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-31-2002, 05:57 AM

Smile

Would you sell the Motard crap?
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-02-2002, 06:12 PM

Cool Someone say dirtbikes?????

You want a kick-ass dirtbike go for a Honda CR or XR. I'm a strong believer in Honda's dirt bikes. Mine has been to Hell and back a few times over and it still gets up and goes. I had a battle with the fuel system on it, but my buddy fixed it last week and my little monster is better than ever now. GET A HONDA!!!! That's my $.02. Take it or leave it.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-03-2002, 05:19 AM

Early mid 90's I think I would go Kawasaki. 2 strokes are really fun. If you just want it for putting a 4 stroke may be the way to go, but if you want to just pound on the bike get a 2 stroke.

I don't know a lot about the 4 strokes, but on a 2 stroke if you ride real hard you want to have a new top end about once a year. Or at least that's what my friends say they do.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-03-2002, 04:03 PM

At this point, I've had 'em all. The two-strokes are a lot of fun if you like to ride hard and push yourself. They're lighter-weight, and a lot more agile, (especially in the air). The 4-strokes are fun in their own way, but it's not the same kinda rush. I've owned RM's, KX's, and CR's, but never a Yamaha, (I think that'll be the next one). I have to admit that when it comes to dirt, I still go back to the KX's, (even though I'm not riding the newest of them all), but I have had a lot less problems outta the Kawi's, and I enjoy their benefits over any of the other three!

Now buy mine so I can get a new Yamaha YZ250!!!

Reelin' 'em in.....

post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-11-2002, 09:16 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Hysyde
Question

Quote:
Originally posted by lord tim
Would you sell the Motard crap?
Yeah, how 'bout it mbnickel??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode