Super Motard - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-14-2002, 07:34 AM Thread Starter

Cool Super Motard

After 30+ years riding and racing...these are sooo mucch fun! Here in Vancouver BC the season is not long, but lots of roads perfectly suited to the hooliganism of these bikes.

After R1's and such I committed to the KTM 640 Enduro which I am converting. There are loads of excellent sites for parts in Europe, the UK having some great ones.

After pipe, carb, Talon wheels, wave rotors, cam and assorted other goodies, I am into it (bike and parts for about $12k Cdn)...or about 500$ US. Anyhow, this will give me around 62 HP with no discernable reduction in reliability or longevity for the motor etc. It will also be a ripping dirt stead with its knobbly bits on.

With another 1500$ and a reduction in reliability, increase in maintenance...I could get 67-69 HP, but if you are going to use it as a daily bike as well...
The factory set ups are 70+ HP!!! at 112 Kgs- too much fun!!

These bikes are the future for sure as it gets harder in every jurisdiction to really use and enjoy 150 mph sportsbikes. In BC you can go to jail easy for those speeds so...why bother! You can have just as much fun with less risk from the Mounties.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-15-2002, 11:45 AM

Thumbs up

Welcome! I'm real happy to see another biker who's "seen the light". When you get that bad boy together, you should visit SuperMotard paradise. Vancouver Island. I'll show you some roads.

Try it...........You'll like it!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-20-2002, 01:15 PM

Thumbs up Supermotards?

While I don`t have any plans to sell my TLR,I saw the next bike in my future at the Vancouver Motorcycle show in the form of a Husaberg FS650c.Man,235lbs and 60 HP-the thing would be a hoot to ride and possibly race.........ken.

I AM CANADIAN

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-20-2002, 04:49 PM

Thumbs up

I've been riding for 30 years and and owned a Motorcyle shop for 10 of them. So I have ridden a lot of miles on a lotta bikes.
I've found, in our incredible part of the world, with all our wonderfully twisty poorly paved, unpatrolled roads, the comfort and control a motard's Suspension provides is a huge benefit! Motards provide plenty of thrills at lower speeds, they also take accidents in stride. A big bore 4-stroke SuperMotard will give you plenty of zip in most conditions, and will provide comfortable ergonomics. ).You sit higher than most and can see further ahead. Higher Center of Gravity makes everything more predictable and easier to control. A light bike with high, wide handlebars can be flicked and manhandled with ease, no matter how high the C-of-G is!
"Responsive to all inputs" understates a motards capabilities.

I have 650 Husaberg SuperMotard and it works for Me!

Hard thing is, finding buddies that can hang with you in the twistys!

Try it...........You'll like it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode