Sportbike World banner

Cleaning

4K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  kartl 
#1 ·
I have a 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250. It's been in the garage for a few months while new flooring was being installed in my home.

In preparation for a ride, I dusted her off with a couple of paper towels. After reading about cleaning online, I'm concerned I scratched the fairings/plastic parts, although it didn't seem like I was at the time. I won't do that again. Opinions?

Also, there are some black smudges on the rear plastic by the seat. I have no idea what it is. Any advice on what to use to clean this?

#3 ·
Potential harm if you mess up the bolts or somehow are unable to reseal it back together or it starts leaking after you put it back together.

No idea why you want to use brake cleaner and a big WTF on the WD40.

You are better off just draining it and filling it with a high quality synthetic diff fluid. The choice of a good fluid should be your biggest concern.
Repeat the drain/fill again sometime later at a shorter interval if you are really paranoid to get out another percentage of the old fluid residue .
=================
cellulite md
blackheads

#5 ·
Well, really nice information. this will become more useful for the people, those who are having vehicles. Today vehicles are became more common things, everyone having their own bikes, cars and scooters etc.... Sometimes we have to face some problems with this vehicles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.