Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - VFR800 and Heli-bars
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-12-2000, 04:26 PM
DAVFRMAN

VFR bars and risers

Hi abmarsh,
You didn't say how long you have owned your VFR, or how many miles you have put on it, so I guessing that it's not enough.
When I first purchased my 99 a year ago, I was comming off a small cruser, I thought the VFR was going to kill me slowly! In spite of all the reviews of how comfortable the bike is, after a 3 or 4 hour ride my wrists and lower neck were racked with pain. Determined to make the best of it, I just continued to ride, and after a while the pain went away. One of the reasons I didn't change the bars, was posts I read on the VFR list about how little difference they made in some owners opinions.
Now, a year and 13000+ miles later, I can ride all day with no discomfort at all. In fact, I'm glad I didn't spend the money, as now I enjoy the lower riding position of the stock clip ons.
The only concession I made to comfort was accidental. This was the addition of a Sargent World Sport Seat. This seat, in my opinion did more for the comfort of the bike on a long day of riding, and originally I made the change for esthetic reasons alone!
YMMV, but good luck, and enjoy your VFR

[Edited by DAVFRMAN on 11-12-2000 at 07:29 PM]

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome