Sportbike World banner

How do I get a hold of someone's driving record?

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  DemonRR 
#1 ·
Like the title says.........How would someone get a hold of someone else's driving record? What information would they need on that person?

:dunno:
mb.

#3 ·
well, first you would have to say who it was that got the record of you. We do not need to know, just you have to remember that certain entities are able to get the record for legal purposes.

Lawyers, LEO's, insurance companies, nes media, companies that go after people who owe money to creditors and things like that.

If it is just some smuck who does not like you, then you have to remember that often, on the net, you can pay a fee and this information can be provided by a "legitimate" company. I am not too sure I like this, but it is the usual "for $XX, we can find out this and that about someone".

Sometimes, new hires into a firm can "allow" the firm to investigate their driving record as a matter of course with regard to their hiring practices.

You might try to MI.gov site. Search there and/or send them an email regarding your situation. Tell them who and what has happened. See what they say.

Of course, the usual answer is to seek professional advice from a qualified attorney. If you decide to go that route, if you wish, I can provide you with someone to assist you. Being a professional, it will not be free.

Good luck!

#4 ·
Some areas allow you to search public records (traffic/criminal/civil, etc) for free. Granted, it is not a complete record, but you can get dirt on people if you look hard enough. Id not that, I'd say they knew somebody at the dmv or local law enforcenemt.

#5 ·
Some areas allow you to search public records (traffic/criminal/civil, etc) for free. Granted, it is not a complete record, but you can get dirt on people ....
trying to find dirt......hmmmmm....that would be my ex! :rolleyes:

I googled and found she probably paid $30 to get the record from an online site. :rolleyes:

mb.

#6 ·
Those online sites are under review lately. It is still against the rules for them to simply request info without a good reason and fishing expeditions do not count. So, hopefully one day soon, that kind of crap will be stopped.

You know it is your ex?
Then you have to ask why she is doing this and the most obvious answer would have to do with her wanting more money. (not that this could really be the reason).

If she is attempting to start something, then the best defense that you can mount is to have your attorney look into it. It will cost you for his services, but it will be worth it if he can stop any frivolous actions on her part in the earliest phases.

As you probably already know, keep a accurate, daily log of activity then, just in case.

Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.