Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Spring Oil Change specials
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 08:41 AM Thread Starter
Amsoil Dealer Group
Site Sponsor

We have been getting some valid e-mails questioning our background as a diversified dealer group advertising here. Here is one of them I want to share.

Tell me how a banker, computer, construction, or military guy knows what is best for my application. Almost like asking a baker to service my car.

Thanks for the question, as you are the first to ask this. I will give you the short version, it's called Training. All these dealers making up the dealer group come from different walks of life and experiences. Since they have become oil dealers they have received a lot of lubricant training and most of them have received more training than field reps for very large oil companies. I have been a licensed mechanic since 1969 and I have received tons of tech training over the years, but no lubricant training other than learning how to troubleshoot and repair oil systems. Very few mechanics, as well as dealerships and service departments, know anything about lubricants mostly because they have never been trained in that industry. They often form opinions with no basis or logic to support it and in the dealerships most only tell what they have been trained to say by the manufactures or their boss at best. The oil dealers of our group may not know all the answers, but they certainly know where to go to get the right answer.

george
ADG

We offer special prices and all products will be shipped from your closest AMSOIL warehouse. For more info go to
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, email;
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or call 1-877-356-6099

Motorcycle Oil test data

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome