Virgin Forum - Page 2 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-21-2001, 09:09 AM

This makes interesting reading, Living on the south coast of England i would tend to agree with most of what's been said however i've never been into a motorcycle shop and been allowed to test ride a bike before purchase yet, I've always read up in mags about a bike and tried to talk to as many people who own a certain bike before buying one.. When you were over hear redtwin did'nt you find that there were so many speed camera's everywhere or were you travelling so fast you did'nt see them ??? ha ha.. I have to agree there are alot of bikes on the road over hear when the weather is good but the weather is crap alot of the time... I'd like to spend 6 months or so in the states with my bike with almost constant sunshine being able to go for endless rides through the canyons that i read about so often on this site.. Surley there is no comparison to bikeing in the states than hear in the cold and wet UK........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-21-2001, 12:33 PM

having been in Europe, one of the things that I think give them an advantage is that the cage drivers actually expect to see motocycles on the road. Out here its like they're surprised everytime they see one.

As for where the best roads are, Europeans often haven't a clue as to some of the distances involved out here. On a map, Edmonton looks close to the Rockies, but the truth is they're 3 hrs away, without a curve in the road for 50 mi (80km). You want to talk boring, drive across the prairies/ great plains.

My dream trip would be Amsterdam-Rome- Switzerland. Can U say Autoban??
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-21-2001, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by oldgixer

As for where the best roads are, Europeans often haven't a clue as to some of the distances involved out here.

My dream trip would be Amsterdam-Rome- Switzerland. Can U say Autoban??
I know from my best mate (who has toured in the states a few times) that there are long distances to travel in the states but I guess that's part of the journey. If I want to go see my chum it involves a boat sailing, then 410 miles just to get to his house and all done in one day. But then the FUN begins !!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode