Sportbike World banner

hid's for R6

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  mireau 
#1 ·
Hey guys i am new to the forum and new to riding, I have a 2006 yamaha R6, and was wondering if there is hid kits available for my bike or if i would just have to buy a universal kit. I asked my local parts retailer and he said he has never heard of anyone putting hids on a bike. hopefully you guys can give me some info on this matter.

#2 ·
I have an 07 CBR600RR and i just recently put HIDs on it, i just used a universal H7 8000k kit and everything fit right up, i did have to cut the Hid wire harness and extend the wires so that i could hide the ballast in the rear seat, it turned out real clean and only took about 2 hours to do both sides

#4 ·
ls_dm said:
I have an 07 CBR600RR and i just recently put HIDs on it, i just used a universal H7 8000k kit and everything fit right up, i did have to cut the Hid wire harness and extend the wires so that i could hide the ballast in the rear seat, it turned out real clean and only took about 2 hours to do both sides
Have you had any problems with the factory wires melting or fusing together yet? I've hear people say that the use of an aftermarket hid kit will sometimes overload the stock wires.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.