Ride Ideas in Denver Area - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-11-2004, 06:52 AM Thread Starter

Ride Ideas in Denver Area

A buddy and I are planning on a trip to CO Sept 4-11. What can you guys tell me about day rides around that area? We are trailering out and should arrive the evening of the 4th and head home on the 11th.

We are planning on staying in Golden, CO and doing day trips from there to see as much of the area as we can. We are thinking about 300 miles or so a day riding. We want to see Royal Gorge for sure, and figured that would be one of the day trips we take. We were also thinking about hitting Cabela's over in NE for a second days riding. If we do both of these, it will still leave us with 3-4 days to see the beauty of the mountains so I am looking for suggestions.

We may go kayaking out there one of those days.

What info can you guys give me about that area, good routes to take to see the best scenery, weather conditions that time of year?

'01 GSXR 600
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-04-2005, 07:57 PM

www.mra-racing.org

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/local/tracks.html

hopefully this helps you out!

TheBelly

my Can-O-Tuna. . .RIP

new bike. . I won't kill you!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-08-2007, 11:53 AM

I live on the western slope, where it is hotter more of a desert area. But if you go up by Cedaredge and drive on the mesa roads there is alot of mountain scenery and you would love it. Colorado is ranked pretty high for some of the best scenery stuff in the nation.

2006 Gixxer 600 Silver/White/Black
T-$!!!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-08-2007, 12:05 PM

Yeah, we've got some of the best motorcycling roads in the nation here. There is virtually an endless assortment of rides to take. Golden is a really good jumping off point because it is right up next to the foothills, with quick and eash access to the mountain roads)

An obvious one would be Golden Gate Canyon Road which connects into Golden via Hwy 93. (see entry #17 on this list of Colorado motorcycling roads/routes)

Just a little south of Golden, via I-470 southbound, you can get onto Hwy 285 southbound and then take Hwy 126/67 South through Pine and Deckers, all the way to Colorado Springs if you want. (my personal favorite)

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/local/rides.html

HOLY RESURRECTED THREAD BATMAN!!!

Argh, just realized this is a 3 year old post. These guys have already come and gone!

Last edited by zxrider; 08-08-2007 at 12:58 PM.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-05-2007, 05:21 AM

if you are interested in mountain activities you can head west on I-70 and go up to any of the mountain resorts like vail, copper, and winter park. I think there is kayaking up at vail. but if you head to glenwood springs there is defiantly kayaking there, plus hot springs to relax after a hard day on the river.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode