Sportbike World banner

Stolen Bikes Recovered!!!!

4K views 31 replies 20 participants last post by  jukesandz 
#1 · (Edited)
Some of you might remember my story from almost 9 months ago were i had just got to florida after being gone for 3 weeks...i went for a ride my a buddy of mine that night and after we got back to my apartment at about 1 in the morning both of our bikes were stolen within probably 15 minutes. Our "security guard" watched 2 black guys drive into my complex with a white box truck and that was the last thing he saw... I was able to get a new bike within a few weeks but never heard anything more about the bikes.

Then sometime in April i was riding my new gixxer down the freeway to see a friend before i heading to naples to work for the summer. I just cruising along at about 80 when 3 bikes past me at about a hundred. I caught up to them just to mess but after riding behind them i noticed one of the bikes looked a lot like my buddies '06 Kawi ZZR-600. I followed them up to an exit were they got off and as i got closer i noticed it had all the things my buddy and i had put on his bike(cf yosh, euro taillights, turn signals, etc). Then as they pulled into a gas station i followed them in and decided to talk to them to make sure it was my friends bike. I told them that i just moved here and was looking for people to ride with so they told me to meet them up in west palm(where i live) for their own bike night the week. As these were 3 big black dudes and i was by myself i thought it best not to confront them there. But JUST as i was about to leave another black shows up on my F4i!! I went down the street and tried to call the cops but they were gone before the cops arrived...

So now it september and i just got back in town for school. I started at it again and found more about these guys...they have a non-official local bike club and i know told me they're known as "the stolen bike group." So now i had some promising news and i was hoping to catch up with them in a few weeks....

Then last night at about 6 i was driving back home when 3 bikes pull out in front of me from a side street...my jaw dropped as i couldn't believe what was in front of me. My F4i and my friends ZZR along with another bike. I hung up on my gf without saying anything and had to run a redlight to get behind them. I immediately called the police but they told me they couldn't do anything unless the bikes parked someone. It only tooks a couple minutes before i realized where they were headed...THE SAME PLACE I WAS SUPPOSED TO MEET THEM 3 MONTHS BEFORE!!(they never showed before) I pulled in behind them to find about 7 other bikes parked there as weel. I immediately parked far away from them and tried to set something up with the police but without much success. While i was on the phone with the police i noticed a trooper car parked at a nearby restaurant. I ran inside and explained the situation to the trooper. He questioned my story disbelievingly for a few minutes but then called for backup.

The next part is what is truly amazing...

The trooper and i pulled up to the side of the parking lot where the bikes where and then as soon as we heard sirens coming we both took off in our cars. The trooper pulled in front of the bikes and i pulled behind them... Immediately one of the guys took off on foot and that's when the cop new i was for real. He jumped out of the car with his gun out and told them all to hit the ground. I couldn't believe it tho as the only guy who jumped and a bike and started to leave was the guy on MY BIKE!!! I whipped around the corner just as he was taking off, he only was up to 10 or 15 mph when i caught up to him and gently swerved into the back left side of my bike... The black guy on my bike was about 6'4 and 250lbs so he went down pretty hard but he didn't even blink after he got up he took off running down the parking lot. I could already see another state trooper had the first guy who ran down at gunpoint. I didn't care at this point...i was so freaking happy i was screaming out loud "F**K YEAH!! F**K YEAH!!" lol.

When i turned around the trooper i talked to had all the guys down on the ground at gun-point... Four guys who had been wathcing and saw me take out the guy on my bike coming running over asking what was going on...when i told them they what happened they were almost as excited as i was! Haha They kept saying "Dude that was sooo sick!!" They helped me pick my bike up...they was some damage but not enought to worry about(brake lever and rear brake were slightly bent). Within the next 30 minutes we had a 9 or 10 troopers and local cops there. Obviously my friends bike and mine came up as stolen...along with another bike, a '04 600RR. My buddy showed up to identify his bike and he was excited to say the least! lol He still owes $6300 on his.

To my surprise the cops let me and my buddy ride off with our bikes after they got trough with the paperwork. The best part is that between to two guys on our bikes they had 3 helmets worth about $1200-$1500! So i took two of them home and my buddy took one of them haha. It makes me pretty happy to know i could take something from these scumbags! :twofinger

So now i have 2 bikes!! I'm going to fix mine up and sell it as soon as possible and my buddy his painting is flat black as i speak. We don't want to take any chance with these guys or their friends finding us...they are not people to mess with.

Here are some pictures i took with my phone at the scene, i wish i could've of taken more but it took me awhile to calm down and even think of it haha. It's going to be interesting to see how many more bikes are found at these guys homes because i know they were trying to sell two other 600's and a 1000....

See less See more
#3 ·
Obviously these have to be some of the dumbest bike thieves in the world...although i think they've been doing this for some time now. My bike was exactly the same except for the mirrors were removed and a stolen plate was on it. My buddies bike was the same except for the stickers you can see on it. The guy had put a bunch of'em on it including Zx-6r stickers haha. Also his only had about 150 miles on it! Haha I haven't looked at the miles on mine yet... Both of our bikes had new ignitions on them and the gas tank locks had been replaced. Unfortunately tho my buddies gas tank was a little beat up from were tried to remove the lock....

This just goes to show, don't give up hope if your bike gets stolen. Although i know this is an extraordinary situation me meeting up with these guys twice like this... I'm sorry for those of you who haven't been as fortunate.

#8 ·
That has to be a doozer. I remember all from the start of the two bikes taking a hike, then you spotting your bike to where nothing after that THEN this bit.

My congatulations for you did well. Hope there are no re-percrusions from said dudes.

#13 ·
That is so freaking sweet!!! Nice job staying calm walking up to those dudes... I would've been super astronomically pissed and probably would've ran them over/sideswiped them with my car. At that point I care more about getting a little 'eye for an eye' revenge than getting my bike back. Its good to hear another story with a good outcome. :thumb:

#14 ·
Thanks for all the comments!

...it definitely was no easy task, i had spent countless hours searching classifieds, local forums, bike nights, etc. trying to catch these motherf'ers! But in the end it all paid off. As of the start of this week i had finally figured out who these guys were, the name of their club, and where they like to hangout. I was bound to catch them eventually.

Just a few hours ago i talked to a guy i know has been in the bike scene for quite some time... He casually knows some of the guys involved in this bike theft ring and said not to worry. He said that these guys know the cops have all their names and right now their only concern is staying out of trouble and hoping their buddies won't rat on them. But you never know and it's always good to be careful...

As for the bike, i don't have time or money to go to the track right now... I'm going to paint it flat black this sunday to cover up all the scratches, fix it up, and then sell it. Any idea how it will effect the title now that it's been stolen?

#15 ·
As I was makeing up supper I thought about these characters, the stealers of your bike & that of your friend. That was when I was going to send you a post "that the police probably know them from other wrong doings". So they are in for deep shite.

Not living in the USA let alone your State I have not suggestions as to your next move so all will be legal. Probably others can/will come up with answers & if you have paper on the bikes previously that will help. Might not hurt to even ask the police since they did not hesitate to let the bikes go back into your hands, probably knowing they did little when you asked before & within the last few days of the recovery basically because you almost had to do it for them.

#16 ·
holy! what a story man! you should really consider getting into some sort of journalism haha :D

so glad to hear that you finally found your ride. that must be an awesome feeling. justice is finally served. didn't remember but are you taking any legal action against these guys? suit?

congrats again.

#17 ·
gonathan85 said:
holy! what a story man! you should really consider getting into some sort of journalism haha :D

so glad to hear that you finally found your ride. that must be an awesome feeling. justice is finally served. didn't remember but are you taking any legal action against these guys? suit?

congrats again.
Actually i did ask one of the officers if i could sue for the damage to my bike and his answer was most definitely... Might as well make them pay in more pays than one! :twofinger

#18 ·
FloridaMx5 said:
Actually i did ask one of the officers if i could sue for the damage to my bike and his answer was most definitely... Might as well make them pay in more pays than one! :twofinger
By the sounds of it, these guys will be working double shifts in the prison laundry to pay you back!

Awesome news, mate. Such a great story to tell the grandkids one day! :D

#20 ·
this is the best story ever, ever!!!!! i remember when i was little i got jumped for my bmx bike then 4 weeks later the kid came back to a park that was closer to my house. cops came, i got my bike back!!!. great story bro!!! even more so makes me feel better that these scumbags are off of florida streets!

#22 ·
FloridaMx5 said:
of course! you have obviously been under serious stress and emotional detachment from your bike...right? :D

#23 ·
OSUrid3r said:
At that point I care more about getting a little 'eye for an eye' revenge than getting my bike back.
You and I see eye-to-eye. Seriously.

Big congrats on getting it done guys :burnout:

#24 ·
the only problem with suing a theif is that they probably dont have anything to sue for as most of the good stuff is probably stolen. or there just deadbeats and dont have shit. its usually only worth sueing if your sueing an insurance company. if hes retarded enough to ride around in the same town on a stolen bike for months than i doubt hes got much to sue for. but it never hurts to find out!! sue the black off em!...then he'll be just white trash and maybe then he'll learn and he can buy the black back at goodwill. :thumbs2:

#26 ·
Meat_Shield said:
no1's touching that last one with a 10ft pole eh? :D

Maybe 11ft. :p

Great story, glad you got your bike back, hope they get what they deserve. :thumbs2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.