Sportbike World banner

tuning up the rc

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  RC51Daver 
#1 ·
I just want to say thanks again for the set of diablo corsa 3s i won for last months contest...I ended up using the money i saved to treat the rc to some needed upkeeping. I went ahead and did all new brakes, new sprockets and chain, oil change and filter, and of course had the diablos put on today. I gotta wait around for the sprockets to come in but then she will be ready to go, thanks!!!! :cool:

#2 ·
Corsa III's are a great tires. I was swore that I wasn't going to run anything else untill I won a set of M3's from here a few months ago. I'm going to slap them on soon and take em to the track so see how they compare.

#3 ·
Yeah once my chain and sprockets come in monday ill find out...Unfortunately i only ever find time to ride to work and school so the middle of my tires dies long before i wanna give up on the edges...im gonna try and battle that as much as i can with these and get out on the weekends alot before the season is over :thumb:

#6 ·
eh not very long actually...i was surprised. I think between 2 & 3 weeks after sending my info they showed up. Im also excited to see how diablos feel, once my stuff comes in monday i should have it going atleast by tuesday. :cool:

#8 ·
Havent got a chance to really test the tires but god the bike feels so great after the tune up. I went with the 16/42 gearing so it wouldnt chug so much, put a custom map on the power commander tuned for smooth throttle response and no igniton advance and it feels like a new bike. Tires seem SO planted ill see what i think of them when i hit some twisties saturday! :drool:

#9 ·
RC - Glad to hear that all is good... definitley want to hear your feedback as you ad some miles on the Pirellis.

Everyone else - enter the contests... they are real and we deliver! We have been giving away 2 set of rubber every month since 2003... except for a short period in 2006.

Hmmm DreamRyder won a set a few years ago... wonder how they did for her.

Oh yeah.. delivery time is 2-3 days from when we get the info to our guys, just take some time tracking down our contacts.

#11 ·
Ill be putting some miles on them this weekend and i cant wait. So far ive only put about 150 miles on them but they are confidence inspiring to say the least so i gotta watch myself. I also dont see these lasting too long haha but ill be damned if i let the center go long before the sides this time!! :cool:

#12 ·
Ok....i put 500 miles on the RC this weekend hahaha. Most of which was a long trip with my grandpa on his harley but we hit some nice roads(needless to say i had to wait at the end of these nice routes quite a bit lol). I have to say the diablos made me feel like i could ride much harder than i ever have on the rc but i contained myself for the most part and gradually threw it around harder as the weekend went on. Im extremely impressed with these tires and my back and neck are hating them after this weekend, i just couldnt put the bike away! Thanks again for some great tires. :thumb: :thumbs2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.