A lone Canadian---after all I am an old bachelor as well. - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 10:23 AM Thread Starter

A lone Canadian---after all I am an old bachelor as well.

I do agree that in the old board when it came to Canada I was rare if anyone put down a name or place.

So to be a bit different & I am not your normal m/c rider, but here I am a born Cdn, from born Cdn parents. Now living in a little farming town just north of the small city of Penticton. This is in the Okanagan Valley of B.C., so more or less the central to south part of the Cdn Rockies of B.C. Ideal m/c riding terrain, but the Govt is trying to make said twistie up & down two lane roads a m/c rider can really love into boring four lane roads for the safety of cage drivers though come winter time the cage damage is beyond believe as they are NOT snow or icy roads drivers.

I am as I stated riding m/cs & driving cages since 1946 & have never stopped (three sportbikes in my garage) having lived in Saskatoon Saskatchewan, Calgary Alberta, Winnipeg Manitoba twice, Edmonton Alberta to Banff National Park to set up a sport shop that catered to mountaineers, skiers, hunters, fishermen & such. Finally to my bit of B.C. back in '60.

I do not feel lonely or feel I need someone to ride with for I have been a solo rider most of my life both in solo on the bike & not had anyone riding pillion for ages, but above all I prefer to ride to where ever I want to go & to ride home again as I started out, not having to go by the wishes of a fellow rider or whatever.

Remember all the others on the road are crazy & out to kill you.

Last edited by Smitty; 02-01-2008 at 10:10 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 02:56 PM

I like to convince myself of the same, but it isn't true
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode