pulled over for nothing?? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-15-2005, 01:33 AM Thread Starter

pulled over for nothing??

there i was riding home from work when out of nowhere red and blue lights flash behind me and damn close!! so i look at my speedo, hmmm 10 kmh over. crap speeding ticket? so i pull over. turn bike off. well i about shit. i mean hell i was ONLY doin 10 kmh over. what the heck. after a couple mins the oficer is right behind me says i can relax now. put arms down took off gloves helmet ect. got off bike. then i get "the reason i pulled you over is i ran your plate wrong. and it came up as nothing." then i get "by the way do you know a guy on a green sportbike with no plate?" we have been chasing him for about a week now" HUH?
was this a legit pull over or was he just trying to fish for a lead on this evader? well i dont know anyong that owns a green bike. soooo i tell him nope and that is that. then i get well seeing as i have you pulled over do you have your class 6? yes sir here you go. no warning no ticket said sorry if i was going a bit fast and he replied "bah these things are for riding fast, im a rider too"
put my gear back on and rode off confused as heck

what the hell ??

****UN-BE-FREAKIN_LEIVABLE!****
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-23-2005, 07:53 PM

cops do this often, if they want to pull you over they will. i know a guy who was pulled over for a stupid reason because he was a young teen in a over $30,000 truck, the real reason is he thought the truck was stolen as there is no way that a young teen should have such a nice truck, his "legal" reason is the plate could not be seen for 150 meters away. obviously your cop is just chasing a lead and theres nothing you can do about it.

i know that even if i did know the lime bike, i'd never tell the cop anything. FTP
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-23-2005, 08:46 PM

ehh count it as a minor inconvienence... he pulled you over... asked ya some questions... and let you go... and was even polite about it... you said your self you were speeding... so if it only cost ya some 15mins... it's something I'd GLADLY give... sounds like he's got bigger fish to fry... and why not take a stab and ask a sport bike rider if he know's another one... prbably where I'd begin too... just wish more cops were that upfront and polite...

p.s. just re-read this... didn't mean it to sound so agressive... not attack'n ya KatanaSpeed just commenting...

~Ebbs

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-24-2005, 08:21 AM

...a little insight....

...I stopped a lady one evening for expired tags. When I ran the tags they came back valid. It was my mistake because when I looked at the tags again I realized that we hadn't even came to the month that the tag was valid through! My wife and I were having a "moment" just a few minutes earlier (thank goodness we don't have alot of those!) and my head was up my arse! I apoligized, let her know I was having a bad day and had looked at her plate wrong. I sent her on her way! In self-evaluation, I consider myself to be a very professional officer but I am only human. I still had to run her operators license, for the record of the stop, as it is procedure by our General Orders. An inconvienence for her, without a doubt.....but it does happen.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-24-2005, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

yep

yeah he did the standard class 6 check. then not so much apologised just said he ran my plate wrong. (possible apology in policespeak?) lol all in all he was pretty cool about it. just thought it was more of a weird excuse to do a possible info grab and maybe get his info. oh yeah i did see the bike yesterday now. he does have a plate ya just can see it very well its about 3/4 of the way inside his rear fender. curved and tucked wayyyy back there.

****UN-BE-FREAKIN_LEIVABLE!****
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 07:41 AM

Re: yep

Quote:
Originally posted by KatanaSpeed
he does have a plate ya just can see it very well its about 3/4 of the way inside his rear fender. curved and tucked wayyyy back there.
haha thats what people do here in ontario to get on toll highways for free lmao... is ther any in BC???
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 08:06 AM

lmao, you know, you can get on there with my chev blazer Zr2 for free, 'cause of the spare tire on the back
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode