#*@$!&% Insurance Companies!! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-11-2003, 09:59 PM Thread Starter

#*@$!&% Insurance Companies!!

I'm finding it's impossible to find even half-assed affordable insurance. I was planning on buying a 2002 ZX-12R but it seems that the FEW companies that will insure supersports, want an arm, leg and first born son for a policy.
What are all you Canadian sport bike owners doing about this? Any reasonable ideas for me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-11-2003, 10:03 PM

don't get a bank loan and get just liability which here in CA is ~$150.

Repeal helmet laws, they only protect people we most likely don't need in the gene pool any way!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-12-2003, 06:07 AM

Us Canucks just got bent over even farther as of March 1st. Kingsway isn't giving out their 15% discount for joining a club to sport bikes anymore (I found this out March 6 as I was inquiring about it ). Rumour has it that they won't insure large bikes or sport bikes to anyone with less than 2 years experience either. Apparently the only other major insurer in Canada is Primmum (Ridersplus is underwritten by Kingsway). I'll try and dig up the link I read it from.

There isn't too much you can do, I called around for insurance on my CBR600 F4i in January and all quotes were within a hundred dollars ($2400+ for full converage, 26 years old with 1 year experience). I just got liability and specified perils (no collision). I figure if I crash and its my fault, I'll fix it myself, considering that there is a $500 deductible and then my rates will go through the roof.

(is there a bent over smilie here somewhere??)

E.L. Fudge
No, Homer. Very few cartoons are broadcast live. It's a terrible strain on the animators' wrists.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-12-2003, 06:43 AM

I know where your at man.

Move. Ontario has a Surcharge on sport bikes which is insanity. I don't know how they get away with it. They take the basic charge based on CC's and value of the bike then they tack on 75%- 100% based on your age if it is considered a sport model.

They wanted $2400 for insurance on my 9R last year when I was in Ontario, now here in NS I get the same full coverage for $1200.
Still expensive but acceptable.

Insurance companies say they are losing money because of 9/11 they should be ashamed of themselves trying to make money off of 9/11. The real truth is their investments are not making the huge profits they once did in the stock markets and they are passing the burden off to the average joe.

What is your major malfunction numb nuts!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-12-2003, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by apexismaximus
don't get a bank loan and get just liability which here in CA is ~$150.
here in MA i pay about $130-150 a year. financing toys sucks, especially when you pay for them while they sit there during the winter.

SQUID=Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, & Imminently Dead

Katie has a nice "spice rack".

If you can read this, thank a teacher....If you're reading this in English, thank a Veteran.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode