An Idea to Fight Canadian Gas Prices - Please Read - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-15-2002, 02:22 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to Hysyde
Lightbulb An Idea to Fight Canadian Gas Prices - Please Read

I recieved the following e-mail the other day and thought it might actually be a valid idea. Copy and forward it to anyone you can (in Canada).

I hear we are going to hit close to $1.00 a liter by the summer.
Want gasoline prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent, united action. Philip Hollsworth, offered this good idea: This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May!
The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work. Please read it and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $.65 is
super cheap. Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre of gas is CHEAP at $.65-.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace....not sellers.

With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing THEIR gas! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas. But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON"T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), ESSO and PetroCan. If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of ESSO
and PetroCan gas buyers. It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to about thirty people. If each of you send
it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted!

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 30 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!! I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you? Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES AND KEEP THEM DOWN.

THIS CAN REALLY WORK. YOU KNOW THEY LOVE HOLIDAYS AND SUMMER TRAVELERS.

You don't own the future, you don't own the past, today is all you have.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-15-2002, 02:33 PM

Send a message via AIM to Kevlar7R Send a message via Yahoo to Kevlar7R
wow,

as if it wasn't bad enough I get chain mail in my own e-mail, now I get it in the forum!!!!!!
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-15-2002, 02:35 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to Hysyde
Quote:
Originally posted by Kevlar7R
wow,

as if it wasn't bad enough I get chain mail in my own e-mail, now I get it in the forum!!!!!!
What are you doing in the Canadian Forum anyway?

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-15-2002, 03:08 PM
Founder

I see nothing wrong with the post.

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-15-2002, 04:48 PM

Send a message via AIM to Kevlar7R Send a message via Yahoo to Kevlar7R
Quote:
Originally posted by Hysyde

What are you doing in the Canadian Forum anyway?

I'm a traitor.....

Can I come there? Its getting hot down here.... :-)
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-09-2002, 02:57 PM

Thumbs up Re: An Idea to Fight Canadian Gas Prices - Please Read

Quote:
Originally posted by Hysyde
I recieved the following e-mail the other day and thought it might actually be a valid idea. Copy and forward it to anyone you can (in Canada).

I hear we are going to hit close to $1.00 a liter by the summer.
Want gasoline prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent, united action. Philip Hollsworth, offered this good idea: This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May!
The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work. Please read it and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $.65 is
super cheap. Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre of gas is CHEAP at $.65-.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace....not sellers.

With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing THEIR gas! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas. But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON"T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), ESSO and PetroCan. If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of ESSO
and PetroCan gas buyers. It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to about thirty people. If each of you send
it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted!

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 30 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!! I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you? Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES AND KEEP THEM DOWN.

THIS CAN REALLY WORK. YOU KNOW THEY LOVE HOLIDAYS AND SUMMER TRAVELERS.

You don't own the future, you don't own the past, today is all you have.
i have been staying away from esso for about 1 month now.i had the idea and esso is fairly large here.good ideas.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-10-2002, 02:41 PM

i always put sunoco in my truck and bikes.

My bike won't start, i'm sad :(
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-30-2002, 07:52 PM

damm dude...petrocan is the only one with the super 94 octane that i always put in my bike
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-30-2002, 11:31 PM

I remember reading about something similar years ago in NS, and that it worked to some degree, I remember all the gas stations had pie chart place mats on the counters explaining how after tax, overhead, and advertising that they don't really make all that much money, and that it is just to give people jobs, what a bunch of BS,

None of that would ever work in the US, just about everyone is a defector, no one can be bothered for the benefit of the whole, look at all the jackasses in SUVs, the government has no reason to stop the overuse of gasoline because they profit directly per gallon,

It is just the same in areas of high population growth, every stooge in office see new housing developments, shopping malls, and golf courses as funding through property tax for their pet projects that will help pad their resume for when they plan on running for king of the world, without second thought for the effects.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-26-2003, 06:12 PM

not the only one....

Quote:
Originally posted by groovydoobie
damm dude...petrocan is the only one with the super 94 octane that i always put in my bike
what are you talking about sunoco has 94...
you must be one of the lucky ones in Montreal, Vancouver or Victoria to get the 94 from petro canada..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode