Montreal?! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-20-2001, 11:01 PM Thread Starter

Montreal?!

I'm pretty close to Montreal.. only 1-1/2 to 2 hours. Anybody get together for rides up in that area?

I'm usually in Montreal at least once a month anyway. It's the only city within a reasonable distance of me.

-Jason
'93 Ninja ZX-6

Adrenaline is a narcotic; it may be a naturally induced narcotic, but it is a narcotic. -- Alan Preston, air race pilot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-21-2001, 05:41 AM
Squidwannabe

Go to https://www.sportbikeworld.com/ main page, look on the left hand side for "Rider Finder" look up Montreal.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-26-2001, 06:38 AM

why would you wanna come for a ride up here? we ussually go down to your area to ride. The roads are much better. No frost heaves and less potholes. But if your really interested in a ride starting from mtl we usually go sunday mornings from the mcDonalds on st-johns blvd.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-01-2001, 05:57 AM

Next Summer

Next Summer I'm taking everyone (who wants to go) up to my hometown. You go up the 15, left on the 158 (lachute) turn right onto the 329 (direction morin heights), flip your visor down, and hang on to your ride... It's really nice in that area.

Don't Drink and Ride!

JF
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-01-2001, 11:10 AM

I must admit that is a good route.. One of the few though. The other good one is the parc de la mont maurencie north of troi rivieres. It's a park with a road though, about 70km long, beautiful tarmac and turns turns turns. Alot of spotbikes in there too. It's like a public race track with a few obstacles (tourists). You know of any other good ones?
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-02-2001, 06:19 AM

Yup- Instead of turning north on 329, you go through Lachute to Brownsburg, then up to pine hill (327 north). Emerald lake is full of turns, and when you get up to Arundel, you have lunch, and climb a 2 km hill, then its down hill with quite a few curves to morin heights (364 east). The 15 south brings you back to Montreal. This ride is a good 3 hours. Peace! Oh yeah: DONT DO THIS:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg truck.jpg (45.2 KB, 111 views)

Don't Drink and Ride!

JF
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-03-2001, 10:22 AM

Yeah that's a good one I'm from that area also. Don't you find there's alot of frost heaves and gravel on the roads up there? I'm lookin' for lots of turns and no moguls to throw me into the ditch! Any other suggestions looking for a good one for this weekend. It may be the last of the year for me.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-03-2001, 12:10 PM
Squidwannabe

Quote:
Originally posted by mikazx9r
Yeah that's a good one I'm from that area also. Don't you find there's alot of frost heaves and gravel on the roads up there? I'm lookin' for lots of turns and no moguls to throw me into the ditch! Any other suggestions looking for a good one for this weekend. It may be the last of the year for me.
The 327 and 329 are *good*.

I know a road where there is no sand patches in the middle of the road, the surface is very good and there are lots of tight twisties.

The only way I can explain is take the 327 to lost river. go up that road until you get to the second stop sign. It's not the stop sign with the restaurant on the left. (Be careful on this road. It's bumpy as hell and there is sand everywhere.) You should come to a stop sign with the ability to go straight or right. Go right.
It gets out on the 327 before Lost river. I just can't remeber the name of the street. I think it's in Pine Hill?
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-04-2001, 12:36 AM

Sweet! It's rare people know about my backroads from where I grew up. either of you go to school at LRHS? Lost River is gorgeous for a nice ride, as for sharp twisties, with no muguls or sand, that's a tough one!! We'd have to find out form construction crews what they paved this summer, and hit it next summer. Another nice spot is up by Rawdon - 25 north to St-Esprit, the roads up there are always clean.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg a3.jpg (80.4 KB, 103 views)

Don't Drink and Ride!

JF
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-06-2001, 02:44 PM

I went to LRHS for 1 year and my wife spent all her high school years there. Small world! I think I'll take that road to lost river tomorow. Just got a new R1 so I'm lookin' for some tight twisties.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode