TEXAS SPORTBIKE RALLY April 21st - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 01:19 PM Thread Starter

TEXAS SPORTBIKE RALLY April 21st

Hello everyone!

I'm just dropping by again this year to take a minute and invite everyone to the 4th annual .
Iraan SPORTBIKE EXTRAVAGANZA Saturday April 21st in IRAAN Texas.

This Texas ONLY SPORTBIKE Rally! From a humble 150 SportBikes the first year this event has doubled every year in attendance with over 600 bikes last year! It was started by a local businessman and his wife due to the fact that there wasn't a SportBike rally anywhere for them to ride their bikes to.
Now granted Iraan Texas Isn't exactly in ANYONES backyard but it's definitely worth the trip for all of the freebies!

The rally proceeds go to the local Senior Citizens Center there is always a ton of raffle items (over $3000) with raffle tickets for a $1 DONATION per raffle ticket.
Each and every year the Sponsors have a FREE lunch with BBQ and chips and drinks for EVERYONE! Did I mention FREE? Admission is free and if you come early or want to stay late camping is free!
There is also FREE StuntShow/Stunt Contest (free to enter free to watch) here are few pics from last years

This is some of the Members Of HyperCycles San Angelo and Ft Stockton judging the contest

So Your next question is going to be just how many bikes REALLY showed up? well here are a few pics

OK OK there was more than that

Stunter parking

The trophies for the Stunt Contest were home made and here's a few pics of them

This is the group that rode over from Midland Odessa

Yeah Yeah I knew THAT was going to be your next question yeas there are girls and most of them RIDE THEIR OWN!

Every year the fine folks from
FAMILY POWERSPORTS (McKinny, Odessa San Angelo, Lubbock) also COSponsor so they bring down a bunch of gear and bikes to look at and sell.

This is open to ALL riders and ALL types of bikes this is simply a no attitudes fun for all get together.
About the ONLY things to buy are meals other than lunch Motel room if you stay over OH and T SHIRTS! Did I forget the TShirts? $20 can put you in one of these!

Lastly DEPENDING on how many show up we are planning on doing 50cc 2stroke and 100cc 4stroke dragraces! Iraan is basically a Ghost Town that is slowly drying up and blowing away so the local community LOVES to have the SportBike riders come out and boost the economy! Everyone there is super nice and even the Cops are laid back! Last year they were Radaring the wheelie contest just for fun! Anyway we really are hoping to see some of you guys and gals come out any questions can be posted here or go to
[email protected] or
[email protected]

SRADkneedragger
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 08:51 PM

So..you stop by once a year just to advertise this..? You reg'd in 05 and have 2 post's...Now that what I call contributing..

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-07-2007, 09:44 AM Thread Starter

You know unlike some people I spend a limited time on the Internet not my entire life. I have a life a family and a Company to run. I find the Internet to be a very useful resource not only in my hobbies but also in my work but its not somewhere where I hang out every day. I do regularly spend sometime on one local Texas board. As for posting here twice I don't really have much to contribute to this board so there is no reason for me to be here. As for the Rally, It a great event, for a great cause, and to my knowledge THE ONLY SPORTBIKE RALLY in Texas. Most Motorcyclists enjoy hanging out meeting and riding with like minded individuals. So I thought that it would be considerate to place a post here so that those who are like minded would have the chance to attend. Unfortunately there are always people who would rather post negatively and critically rather than be positive. I am NOT here to hang out or be YOUR friend, I am merely here to post up and invite those who are able to attend to a free fun get together. If you have any further negative comments please do me and the board a favor and send them to either my EMail @ [email protected] or PM them. Don't clog up the board and detract from a positive thread with smart aleck childish remarks
SRAD

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-07-2007, 02:19 PM

I think you missed my point..

It's not about "hangin" out here all the time. I also have my own company as do Many others I know that frequent MC site, more often than not, they at least offer helpful info. or just give info.

My point was tha you come here once a yr. only to "Advertise" an event, and nothing else. You expect the owners of this site to shell out $$$$ for that person, or person putting on the event. Does that sound Fair to you ? Bandwith cost's. Your more than welcome to post things, but to blatenly advertiseing isn't accepted.

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-07-2007, 03:18 PM Thread Starter

blatant advertising? What am I advertising? Am I selling something? Am I selling a product? If this is your attitude thats fine, if this is the attitude of the Moderators then they are free to remove the entire post. The intent of the Post is to get the information out that there is an event for SPORTBIKES and SPORTBIKE RIDERS. If you are not interested fine no big deal please move along. As far as this convesation is concerned I am through. Anyone interested may contact at the above EMails everything is FREE and everyone EVEN Hammer is welcome to attend. On a last note I am NOT the Promoter nor do I have any financial gain from this event.
SRAD
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-07-2007, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SRADkneedragger
blatant advertising? What am I advertising? Am I selling something? Am I selling a product? If this is your attitude thats fine, if this is the attitude of the Moderators then they are free to remove the entire post. The intent of the Post is to get the information out that there is an event for SPORTBIKES and SPORTBIKE RIDERS. If you are not interested fine no big deal please move along. As far as this convesation is concerned I am through. Anyone interested may contact at the above EMails everything is FREE and everyone EVEN Hammer is welcome to attend. On a last note I am NOT the Promoter nor do I have any financial gain from this event.
SRAD
Is no one making $$$ from this event..? If they are, it's advertising, it may not be you making the $$$, but someone is.

It's not my Attidude, it's the Policy of this website, as it is on Many others, ya wanna play, ya gotta pay.

Do what you will, but I doubt I'll be "moving along"...thanks for playing.

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 02:01 AM Thread Starter

Hammer read
"CHARITY EVENT"
Mods I apologize if this infact violates board policy, and if so would invite you to remove it. IF that IS the case I do not understand how anyone could invite other riders or inform them of events here. If there is an ADVERTISING FEE on this site I have no intent whatsoever of paying to invite other riders to an event, And will not post here in the future. thanks again and my apologies for any drama this thread has incurred it is obvious that I have offended 1 member
SRAD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode