Basic Wheelie For Dummies - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-03-2003, 12:41 PM Thread Starter

Basic Wheelie For Dummies

As you can see i'm kinda Stupid or just a Jackass or maybe both,anyway.....I was on my way home from college and took off on a green light and all of a sudden i was doing a small wheelie...I was so pissed off that i did it because I was trying to do it again and it didnt work,I Got an R6 and if anyone can help<---------I need advice on how to do a wheelie.

Sincerely, The Dumbass on the R6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-03-2003, 01:20 PM

Re: Basic Wheelie For Dummies

Quote:
Originally posted by Head Rush19
As you can see i'm kinda Stupid or just a Jackass or maybe both,anyway.....I was on my way home from college and took off on a green light and all of a sudden i was doing a small wheelie...I was so pissed off that i did it because I was trying to do it again and it didnt work,I Got an R6 and if anyone can help<---------I need advice on how to do a wheelie.

Sincerely, The Dumbass on the R6
hey dumbass...

I think you told me it was your first bike...

here some advice,

first learn to really ride it then try and wheelie...

marco
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-03-2003, 02:01 PM

hey marcus please dont drop that bike i would kill my self!!! lol your bike is so tight man take it easy!!

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-03-2003, 08:33 PM Thread Starter

Re: Re: Basic Wheelie For Dummies

Quote:
Originally posted by kawboyzx7rr
hey dumbass...

I think you told me it was your first bike...

here some advice,

first learn to really ride it then try and wheelie...

marco
-Marco, I got really good control over my bike, I feel really comfortable with it and i know its power really well,I even took the MSF classes from TEAM Arizona and they hooked me up with some track passes from AZ Trackdays And I was keeping up with all the other riders that were going like 130 and chopping up the corners , Ask Nick....I can ride hard and safe with control....... P.S. Wheelie Help?
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-03-2003, 08:37 PM

Send a message via AIM to wantanaprilia
Re: Re: Re: Basic Wheelie For Dummies

Quote:
-Marco, I got really good control over my bike, I feel really comfortable with it and i know its power really well,I even took the MSF classes from TEAM Arizona and they hooked me up with some track passes from AZ Trackdays And I was keeping up with all the other riders that were going like 130 and chopping up the corners , Ask Nick....I can ride hard and safe with control....... P.S. Wheelie Help?
Don`t get too confident, as soon as you do, prepare to slide down the road. After that, check out the stunting forum this question is about as redundent as "which bike for a newbie?"

Look . . . the people you are after are the people you depend on. We cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your ambulances, we guard you while you sleep. Do not fu|< with us.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-03-2003, 09:02 PM

Re: Re: Re: Basic Wheelie For Dummies

Quote:
im not saying that to be a dick... im saying it to look out for ya...

take it for what its worth...

marco
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-03-2003, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice and it will be taken, Maybe I am just a little ahead of myself....Anyways, Me and Nick are goin on a ride tommorrow night,wanna go?
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-03-2003, 09:14 PM

I think I may agree with others here. You claim you are real familiar with the power of the R6. You claim you are in control. If this is totaly true, you should have little trouble with the wheelie. The R6 is an easy bike to wheelie. There is no real trick to it.

I am not trying to slam you, I am just trying to help you realize how much experience you really have. I like to see riders stick around for awhile.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-04-2003, 01:50 PM

to wheelie your bike all you gotta do is get in your powerband then roll off throttle then back on in a fluent motion..when you roll back on you gotta whip it...at first your natural instincts won't let you give it enough gas to bring it up just keep on doin' it over and over and eventuly(sp) it'll come up...only took me a day on my FIRST BIKE...i'm not sayin' i'm a badass but it can be doon depending on the rider.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-04-2003, 02:44 PM

This is very scary............no comment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode