New TO Board - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-09-2003, 04:50 AM Thread Starter

New TO Board

After taking a two year hiatus from riding and focusing on my jeep I am back. I just picked up a 2003 ZX-636 and I love it. I had been riding GSXR-750 and 1100 for 13 years and I can tell you this bike is amazing. I test drove it in Daytona on Monday along with about five other bikes (in the rain mind you) and I just had to have it. I have a few questions though as most all of my riding has been done in Daytona and West Palm Florida areas.

1. anyone in my age group (30+) like to ride on the weekends? I am getting too old and wise for the crazy shit and I just want some cool riding partners who love to ride and like to stay alive.
2. I need a good reliable mechanic. I had one (Vern Boyce) in West Palm and he was fair honest, built legend motors, was very competent and was also a good friend of mine with a air price. I live up in Glendale (bell and 59th area) any reccomendations?

Thanks in advance

--Eric
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-11-2003, 07:27 AM
elo

Welcome to the state, welcome to SBW also!

I don't know how far you're willing to travel but the only shop in the North Phoenix area that I'll take my bikes to is A to Z Moto. It's on Cave Creek road about half way between Bell and Greenway. It's a short hop from the Loop 101.

James is the mechanic and a truly class act. Their phone number is: 602.787.4277

I ride mainly with Phoenix Sportbike Club (www.phoenixsportbikeclub.com). I met up with them about two years ago and was impressed with their level of maturity when riding. They stress safety and being respectful on the road above all else, but have a great time doing it. It's all about the ride with them!
The catch 22 is that in order to "gain access" to the online forums, you have to go on a ride first. Finding out about the next one is as simple as dropping an e-mail to: [email protected]
Some people find this "policy" elitist. Personally, I think it reduces the amount of squids.
There are other riding groups in the valley also, I just happen to have fallen in with PSC.

Another great way to meet up with people is to go to the Pavilions on Saturday nights. It's on Indian Bend Rd and the Loop 101. It's a huge car show where us motorcycle element also shows up to just hang out and see some cool vehicles. 6:00 pm - about 9:00. Mill Avenue in downtown Tempe is always a way to meet up with other riders though it's become quite the squidfest of late. It's fun, just expect to have to wade through large amounts of BS.

And there are always trackdays. There's a group of hardcore riders in the Valley that go to ALL the trackdays, it's always a sure way to meet other riders, going into the pits. The inaugural trackday at the new Arizona Motorsports Park (AMP) track is on March 22nd. There will be a TON of people there.

Anyway, I hope this helps you some. Shiny side up!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-11-2003, 10:27 AM Thread Starter

Thanks I appreciate it! I shot redninja an email.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-11-2003, 11:27 AM
elo

Thumbs up

Great, hope to see ya on the next ride!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode