ATTN: az newb has ?'s - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-05-2003, 12:57 AM Thread Starter
dbo

ATTN: az newb has ?'s

hey guys...

this is what i've been asking in the newb forum http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/sh...threadid=111932

so, my question to you guys is...what reputable dealers/small shops or perhaps individuals should i look to when i go to purchase my next bike? idealy i would like to go shopping in april/may, but could have the cash by march...looking into an early 90's yzf600, or cbr...any help from the locals would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-05-2003, 12:38 PM

Look just a few threads down in this Arizona forum for the thread started by me. It's exactly what you're looking for. Follow the link!
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-05-2003, 12:53 PM

Thumbs up Place to go Bike Hunting

Hey man the best place to shop in the valley is going to be Apache Honda on 35th ave and Camelback or Champion Honda. Don't go to Y.S.A or Metro they will just rip you off.. I you do go to any other one ask if they are Owned by Metro if they are tell them to take a hike.. Happy shopping and see ya..Live to Ride Sportbikes.....

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-05-2003, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
dbo

thanks guys....actually (before posting my thread)i did follow that link and was hoping that there were more than just those two sportbike shops that anybody knew about...the high-end one is obvioulsy out of the question and apache is about 30miles or so away(quick est.) never heard of champion honda though...i'll look them up...

i bought my first bike at town and country a while ago...i was so blinded by the fact i was getting a bike i failed to see the ass punding i was taking...same thing happened to a friend..i tried to warn him about buying new/virtually new from a dealer...i can't remember the shop he went to...it's tucked back over near superstition mall, ysa sounds familiar...back on a side road kinda behind the harkins and the costco? is that it? he really got ripped off at that place...
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-05-2003, 02:44 PM

YSA is the most recent good dealership to be swallowed up by the evil near-monopoly known as the AZ Motorsports Group. Town & Country, Metro, etc... all owned by the same group of **@^#$ trash. I believe YSA is up north. Not sure which one is out by Superstition Springs.

As for Apache being about 30 miles from your place in Chandler... that's roughly a 45 minute drive or so... or 90 minutes round trip. You're going to be spending THOUSANDS of dollars and buying a bike that you'll likely be putting THOUSANDS of miles on. Don't you think that's worth 60 miles and 1.5 hours of your time? I would say so! Don't let the distance of a dealership from your home make or break your decision. Finding dealerships in the Phoenix area that won't screw you is going to be difficult. When you find one or two good ones, you need to support them with your business by NOT supporting the bad ones. Again, just my opinion.

Let us know when you pick up the new wheels and we can help you scrub in those new tahrs.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-05-2003, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
dbo

you make a valid point bro...if we fail to support the good, they won't be around...thanks for the tip...i will check them out.

so i suppose that they are cool enough there to entertain any questions i might have? that's good, i don't wanna be shoved out the door from a co. because i aint buying right then and there...i wanna make a wise decision and if someone can't respect that, then they will not get my cash. what have you heard heard about champion honda opossum? r6 racer mentioned them as well as i'm sure you read...based on their location i will probably check them out first, but i will have a run up to apache as well.

Last edited by dbo; 01-05-2003 at 06:05 PM.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-05-2003, 06:08 PM

Yes, definately Apache is a good shop. Also for service, North Valley Honda is a good place. Its on Cave Creek Road, south of YSA a couple miles.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-06-2003, 07:39 AM

I haven't heard much about Champion, whether good or bad. If I get lots of feedback on their customer service and/or repair service, I'd add them to my list as either a reccomendo or no reccomendo. I'll have to wait and see what the 'overwhelming majority' of Phoenix riders say about those guys. The list I have posted is just a megaphone for what the regular riders in the Phoenix area have to say about the shops. If opinions change or I hear opinions about a place not listed, I'll update it. Feel free to chime in if you have info.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-06-2003, 03:35 PM

hey ass it was town and country that ripped me off not the 1 by superstition, keep telling people and ill stab u in the eye with a sodering iron.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-06-2003, 05:44 PM Thread Starter
dbo

oh yeah...it was the other place that was gonna rip you off on the telefonica huh? well, i may be the ass, but at least i learned my lesson, you on the other hand, are an even bigger ass for not taking my advice and letting them rip you off too...assclown!

anyways...all i hear outta your mouth anyway is "blah blah blah i'm a dumbshit."

at least you got bikes though...me = suxorz.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode