Houston area riders?

Here goes the first Texas post.

Where are the Houston area riders here?

I am in the Clear Lake area myself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-04-2002, 07:01 PM

Kingwood here.

You might want to check out Houston Sportbike Network as well.
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 01:12 PM

I live in Spring myself.........

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-10-2002, 08:49 AM

I live in Downtown Houston...

Let me know if you want to ride sometime (especially if you know of any decent roads! )
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-10-2002, 09:39 AM

I'm in League City. I take the bike out almost every weekend, when the weather's decent. I've found a nice little route up to Liberty and Dayton and back, not Deal's Gap but better than what your used to around Clear Lake. Lately I've been hitting the Sam Houston forest a lot. Quite a haul from League City but well worth it!

...and as G-man said, check out HSN.
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-10-2002, 09:49 AM

Hey S.K. plenty of good roads out towards Beeville and north of Fm1690. Take a ride on scenic 390 just other side of Chapel Hill.
Then if you just don't feel like leaving the "loop" there's always the prospect of a late night romp on Allen Parkway, just watch for the man at the cemetary.
phonse.
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-10-2002, 10:02 AM

Allen Parkway is definitely a lot of fun... I live about two blocks from there so I probably spend way more time riding it than I have any right to... Never yet been stopped or even seen a cop. Maybe I've just gotten lucky? I seem to run into a lot of people doing the same thing...

I don't know if anyone enjoys this but me, but one of my favorite things is to do the cloverleaf of Waugh over Memorial. You can get a nice loop going, four uphill or downhill 270 degree turns, with no stoplights, and little possibilty for harrasment from our fine friends in law enforcement. Sometimes I ride that for 30 minutes or more, just trying to do it more smoothly, and a little bit faster. It's a great place to practice, although I can probably only turn right as a result of doing it too often (I have chicken strips on one side and scraped pegs on the other).

A couple direction questions:

Where is 390?

Which way do you go to get to Liberty...
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-10-2002, 11:21 AM

to dlinder

dl,
390 is north of Chapel Hill. Take 290 west to Chapel Hill, turn right off 290 at the light. Follow road through town to end at tee, approx. 8 to 10 miles. turn left. take road to next tee intersection. turn right. about 1/2 mile look for sign that says "scenic 390", turn left. follow signs. First few miles are straight nothing. you will make a left where indicated to stay on 390 and then the fun begins.
Sorry I cannot give specific road numbers but if you look at a state map you should be able to find the route. 390 will end back on 290 just this side of Roundtop.
As for Liberty, don't know of what you ask.
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 05:52 AM

Liberty is east of Houston. Like I said, the route is no Deal's Gap, but it's not bad compared to what we see in south east Houston. It's easily within striking distance of Clearlake. Good way to kill about two and a half hours. I head up to I-10, exit at Cove go up to Dayton over to Liberty and back down again. There are actually some much nicer roads North of Houston between Conroe and Navasota. PM me and I'll give you some exact road numbers.
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-15-2002, 06:08 PM

Im close by
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode