Fresno Scenery - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-20-2002, 11:49 AM Thread Starter
Resident Smart Ass!

Send a message via AIM to Jester Send a message via Yahoo to Jester
Fresno Scenery

Thought I would share a pic of the scenery up here. This is Shaver Lake, about 40 miles from my house. Awesome ride too. Let me know if anyone is coming up here before the seasons change.

Help control the squid population, have your squid spayed or neutered

"it's not the smart ass behavior that gets to me... it's the dumb ass behavior that is a problem..." -Quote from my Aunt.

Only motorcycle riders understand why dogs stick their head out of car windows.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-20-2002, 01:55 PM

Hey Jester,

Do you take the main Hwy. up to Shaver or the old road? Have you gone out to Courtright Reservior? I've not had a chance to ride my bike up there but I've spent a number of days @ Courtright on a couple of occasions for the climbing. I should make a run up there on my bike because I recall the road looked awesome! Plenty of twisty stuff & incredible scenery. So when do the seasons change & start making it tough to take a bike back there?
Steve
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-20-2002, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
Resident Smart Ass!

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by R6steve
Hey Jester,

Do you take the main Hwy. up to Shaver or the old road? Have you gone out to Courtright Reservior? I've not had a chance to ride my bike up there but I've spent a number of days @ Courtright on a couple of occasions for the climbing. I should make a run up there on my bike because I recall the road looked awesome! Plenty of twisty stuff & incredible scenery. So when do the seasons change & start making it tough to take a bike back there?
Steve
Stevie,
Hmmm not so much a highway, more like an old road paved over. I think it is called the 168 I think.... or maybe the 180. Have to check though. All I know is it goes from 2 lanes, to 4, down to 1. Nice and tight in some spots, but not too bad. Have not heard of Courtright until now, but I will look into it for sure.
As far as the seasons go, it cahnges around the end of October. Gets to cold at that elevation. It was 75 when I went up there and 95 at my house. I know at nights it gets about 40 up there now. But it is an awesome ride though. Let me know if you plan on making a day trip out of it or whatever. I can get a few guys to go with.

Jester

"it's not the smart ass behavior that gets to me... it's the dumb ass behavior that is a problem..." -Quote from my Aunt.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-26-2002, 01:16 PM

Hey Jester,

I'm doing some things to my bike during the next couple of weeks but I'm interested in taking the ride. It would be great to ride with some people so I'll give you a heads up when I can make the run.

You will like Courtright if you decide to go there one day. It's east of Shaver Lake towards Washon Reservior. The road then turns sorta north & winds up to Courtright. It will pass through some giant Sequoias along the way. It sits @ 9,000 ft & you will see all the incredible granite domes & such for climbing. It is probably an hour more of riding, maybe less. I would top off my tank in Shaver because there ain't any gas stations that I can recall past Shaver. There might be one but I'm not sure.
Talk with you later, Steve.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-30-2002, 10:01 PM Thread Starter
Resident Smart Ass!

Talking Hey

SteveMeister,
Sounds good to me. Just let me know as soon as you can on when you will be up this way. PM me when you are gonna be up here, I will give you my cell number.

Jester

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-17-2002, 10:30 PM

stevie

hey dude? U ride alot around here in Bakersfield? If so, why not come to bike night on Tuesday nights at Woody's? We have 30-40 people show up every Tuesday and if you are looking for a place to ride why not meet us at Texaco on Allen and Stockdale this Sunday morning at 9? We're going to Pismo. it will be fun!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode