Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Ladies Leathers
Thread: Ladies Leathers
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-03-2000, 07:43 AM
cbrchick

Depending on how you are built, I would say that 85% of women have to suffer when trying to buy a decent set of leathers...

No matter how tiny you are, we are built to have babies and most women have hips and err, "stuff" that don't fit too well in guys apparel... Generally, when women throw on guys gear, they find that there isn't enough room in the hips of the pants, the waists are too big, the arms are to long, and there isn't enough material in the right places up top....

Where I work, we have tons of different things for men to buy in terms of leather... There are lots of companies specializing in the gear for the guys, but not for the women.
Most compainies that spend time and energy in designing good gear for girls also expect you to spend that much in money... Ladies can get awesome suits from companies like Vanson, Spyke, Dianese, Frank Tomas, and Fieldshire to name a few.... But the price tag for one of these suits is about 1500... Canadian or American, depending on the model...

I have a two piece ladies suit from Teknic... The ONLY SUIT they make for women while there are roughly 30 or more styles for men that range from less to more expensive... I have to buy everything separate for it, pucks, back protector, armor, etc... And the thing doesn't even have vents.... That's that part that really bugs me b/c does anyone really think that women don't sweat as much as guys when we are blistering down a set of curves, testing the last available traction of our tires, and getting ever so close to draggin knee on am awesome country road....

You've opened up a touchy subject here for me amigo.... If I complain about there not being enough good quality gear available for women in motorcycling, there are some at the shop I work at that are none to happy to proclaim that women shouldn't be on bikes period....

But that will all change soon.... Very soon....

KIRSTY...

PS... I still have to re-send your e-mail

------------------
"No, this isn't my boyfriend's bike..."
My web site [URL=http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Street/9025]

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome