Kentucky has sport bikes too.....I think. - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-23-2001, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

Cool

Alright....I know that there are plenty of riders around the lexington area, so speak up you guys/girls! I see plenty of people on sport bikes around town, but there needs to be some kind of meeting besides the Thursday night ride that meets down at the waterfront. I went down there thursday and I was thouroughly dissapointed. Beer and bikes is not a good combo in my opinion. There really isn't a ride at all. People just come down and sit, and then you ride home. WTF? That isn't a ride. That is just gay in my opinion. ANYWAY are there people around the Richmond/Lexington/Georgetown or any other plce that they want to drive from that would like to get something together? I am not talking about getting too crazy....just a little twisty riding without all of the stupid chit. Anyone game? I will compile a list if you want to send me an e-mail at [email protected] . I will let everyone know who sends me an e-mail what the heck is going on. Thanks, ride safe,
Later
bRad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-24-2001, 08:00 AM

then show up!

From the sound of it you need to make a little road trip to Georgetown, Indiana (just west of Louisville on 64) and come along for the MME Ride on May 12th.

You want more info than that then go check out my club page. Details and directions are in the forum page.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-24-2001, 05:01 PM

Even though i live in indy we own property in rodinson county (by mayslick(sp?)) so i spend alot of time down there. I'll go rideing with you when i get my bike in a few weeks.

P.S. In the area by our farm is alot of freshly paved twisty roads.

Kyle M. Wilsonville, OR

"Big Dick's HARDCORE Road Racing School, where we drag more than our knees."

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-25-2001, 03:04 PM

re: ky sportbikers

there are plenty of us..and plenty of great roads around you also. if you are interested, be at the dry ridge rest. about 11:00 this coming sunday. the Honda Sport Touring Assoc. is having an informal ride this sunday. starts just south of cincinnati about 9:00, and will be in dry ridge about 1O:30 or 11:00 for breakfast/lunch. from there some people go home, some people go riding. ususally ride down 227 to g.town. i live in northern kentucky, but ride alot of central ky. H-man, chuckc, and others from s. indiana and l'ville area are always fun to ride with also.

I'll probably be putting a ride togeather sometime this summer. if you are interested in riding to the Honda Hoot in june or mid-ohio in july, let me know. I'm planning on both.

patrick
ZRX1100
back in black
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-25-2001, 04:53 PM

Patrick, I feel stupid having to ask. Were you with us last weekend with Chuck? Were you the one that left or the one that went ahead to the fireworks with us?
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-26-2001, 01:55 PM

re: last weekend

i was not with you last weekend. i know chuckc from the zrxoa.

patrick
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-26-2001, 02:20 PM

that would explain it.

Now I know why I couldn't figure out who you were. I'm so relieved. LOL
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-26-2001, 06:16 PM Thread Starter

Hey CBKid, where is Maylick? Is that by blue lick and all of that in Lawrenceburg? Hit me back!
bRad
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-27-2001, 04:50 AM

I don't know allot about the area but it next to maysfield? and next to a huge lake I think it's reservoir I'll ask my dad what the name of it is when i get home

Kyle M. Wilsonville, OR

"Big Dick's HARDCORE Road Racing School, where we drag more than our knees."
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-28-2001, 01:14 PM

re: may(s)lick

mayslick is in the northern part of kentucky, near Maysville, which is on the ohio river between cincinnati and ashland. is is north of Blue Licks State Park, and home to some of the best riding roads in the northern part of the state.

patrick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode