North MS - South TN / Ready to ride??? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-07-2001, 06:19 PM Thread Starter

Question

I've got the bike in the shop for the scheduled break-in
check-up. And.....I'm ready to ride, man! Anyone in the
Mid-south, 3-state area know of any good groups? I work in Memphis, but live in MS. Let me know something.

Ron
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-10-2001, 11:14 AM
HUS

Send a message via AIM to HUS Send a message via Yahoo to HUS
Thumbs up Ron

Hey Ron,

I stay in Jackson, MS during the week (wife is law school at MC) and every other weekend I head back home to Muscle Shoals, AL which is in the northwest corner of Alabama right on the TN River. A bunch of us usually get together and head to Pickwick Damn and ride Savanah Highway back to Florence, AL. I don't know if you're familiar with the area but Pickwick is North Mississippi/South TN.

Right now I've got my bike down here in Jackson and I met up with some guys down here that ride around the Ross Barnett Reservoir. The riding here sucks!! Bumpy roads and hardly any curves. But thats why head back up to Alabama because Muscle Shoals is in the TN Valley and there are small Mountains all around us with so many curvey roads that I can't get enough. Send me an email at [email protected] maybe I can head your way and you can show me some better roads in north MS because the ones here in Central MS SUCK!!

later,
Brad

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
- Napoleon Bonaparte

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. "
- General George Patton
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-17-2001, 08:39 PM

Ron,

I have a group that rides here in Memphis every saturday for more info and ride times check out the web site on my sig

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-18-2002, 02:20 PM

hey qbclub, i would like some info about the club that you ride with.

thank you
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2002, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by swamp
hey qbclub, i would like some info about the club that you ride with.

thank you

I still have a few guys that ride but the club was put to rest!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-09-2002, 09:24 AM

Hi Ron,

You are welcome to join us for a ride anytime.
The Mid-South Sport Riders (MSSR) ride at 10AM on Saturdays and 8AM on Sundays, every weekend, weather permitting. The Saturday ride is at a sport-touring pace and and is usually a lunch ride. The Sunday ride is usually at a sport pace. Both rides meet at the Captain D's (next to Shoney's) at Summer Ave./Sycamore View. This is near Bartlett.

Many of us also attend motorcycle rallies, do impromptu rides, Bike Week, Deal's Gap, track practice days, etc.

Hope you can join us sometime.

John N.

Keep the rubber side down!
Ride at your own pace!!!
The street is NOT a race track.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-09-2002, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by qbclub13

... but the club was put to rest!
The riding was messing up the knitting and baking wasn't it Kawi boy.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-09-2002, 01:49 PM

I was going to suggest that you check out MSSR, but John Nick beat me to it. They have a community on the web and are a BIG presence in the mid-south. Most that I've met have been a great bunch of folks. And they ride well, too.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-20-2002, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by RCjohn

The riding was messing up the knitting and baking wasn't it Kawi boy.

Good one John,When we started the group there was alot of interest but as time went on people lost intrest and it got boring.I still get out and ride with some friends but nver more than 3 or 4 bikes at a time.

I was looking for you at Road Atlanta this weekend but did not see you ,where you there?
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-20-2002, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by qbclub13

Good one John,When we started the group there was alot of interest but as time went on people lost intrest and it got boring.I still get out and ride with some friends but nver more than 3 or 4 bikes at a time.

I was looking for you at Road Atlanta this weekend but did not see you ,where you there?
Yes I was there. Some damn good racing too. We sat over at the new gravel/block grandstand area near turns 8,9,10. Did you get to see the braking move E-Boz tried on Nicky? It was amazing but he just coudln't make it stick. It was very similar to the one Roger Lee tried on Buckmaster.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode