West Central Florida Riders. - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2001, 12:33 PM Thread Starter

Question

Maybe it has been posted before and I just can't find it, but are there any riders in this area? I am thinking Brooksville, Tampa, Dade City, etc.

There is a small group of us that gets together every Sunday and goes and hits some of the only twisty roads around here. If anyone is interested in meeting up with us, we are plenty glad to have some company... Generally we tend to be pretty mature riders, so don't expect to see a lot of stoppies and wheelies and flybyes on the interstates. Or a lot of corner passing except among the few of us that have ridden together for a VERY long time.

It is pretty sane, but still pretty challenging, so let me know if any of you are interested.

Email addy is
[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-19-2001, 05:15 PM

searching for riders

I live in Hudson, and would like to find some people to ride with. please let me know how I can hook up with you.

Thanks,
[email protected]
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-19-2001, 11:33 PM

Hmmmmm, I am looking at moving to the area at the end of the summer or so. Are there any good rides down there with some twistes?

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-20-2001, 03:55 PM

Angry ,y

Hmmmm...... my twistes are fried and I like my french fries cold. Threads are cool into Yves St. lauret. Any rides up there or what?
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-21-2001, 09:43 PM

We have a couple but they are short. By short I mean you can run the distance in 30 minutes. There are some runs up into GA that I have yet to be on and one that I did go on. It was a 3 hour ride. Not bad, but not worth the ride up. I am talking to Orlando friends about stuff down there though.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-22-2001, 05:22 PM

Can you please let me know where exactly I can meet up with you to ride, I live in Hudson, Fl., Sunday is a good day for me too. Brooksville or Dad City is not too far from me.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-30-2001, 07:54 AM

Boogeyman,
I've been looking for a group to go riding with in the Brooksville, Spring Hill area. Actually anywhere between here and Tampa.
I like what you said about the maturity of your group. I like to see the burnoutís and wheelies but am not too interested in doing it myself. Maybe if I had an endless supply of rear tires, it would be a different story.
How often does your group get together? Where do you ride to? There are some decent roads with long curves and little traffic in south Hernando Co.
Look forward to hearing from you.

Alex
[email protected]
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-21-2001, 05:46 AM

i live in spring hill. Although im only 15,im trying to sell my dirtbike and then im prob gonna buy a bike. my cousin that live in PA rides, he has a r1 and gsxr750. next time(whether he comes here with it,or i go up there) he is going to let me ride it,and see how much i actually like it. It will be quit the experience though from a 200cc dirtbike to a 750 sportbike that he dropped a tooth in the front for more tourque. i talk to him almost everyday about bikes and how i wont drop it while riding,crash, or do anything bad. i think i will be not bad at riding them(just have to rember about the very sensitive throttle). he just tells me to respect the bike and it will be nothing to be afriad of at all. im a little intimidated by the weight and the power of the bike(do know how much power there is though),but he just told me to learn how to respect it and ill be good.

but yeah,if i did have my bike i would love to go for a ride. im gonna be riding my bike illegally if i get it before i get my license(in janaury i turn 16 and get my licesne) but ill just be riding it around the side streets right now to get use to it.

where in spring hill do you live(sorry i forgot your name,but you said you lvie in spring hill)?????

i live about a mile away from the ksh-n- karry that use to be food lion. i live a mile up it,off of lamson. where do you live by?
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-21-2001, 03:37 PM

Hey Boogey! I would ride with you, if I were in Florida. I may have to come down for a weekend before I move to AZ. Well, If that is okay.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-21-2001, 05:00 PM

For info on what is going on in the Tampa/Dade City area check out www.sportbikes.net
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode